Yes I have a thing about Jeeps

jmy

I've been driving Jeeps since 1995 with my first 95 YJ which I purchased new. From there it was a 95, 96 and a 97 ZJ, a 95 YJ Sahara, a 2000 WJ, a 94 YJ, an 08 JK, and now we currently own a 15 JKU and a 16 JK Willys. I've been watching the JL inventory pretty close lately :thumb:

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’ve been addicted since 1999. From then to now I’ve had 4 TJ’s, 2 LJ’s, and now my ‘12 JKU. I loved and learned a lot from each one of those old girls but my favorite out of all of them is definitely my current JKU.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DaJudge

Since I was 15 I have had 32 different cars! In 2005 I bought my XJ....still have it. I think that says something about Jeep!

EricInUtah

I have always had a problem. When I was 19 in 1989, I would stop by this Chevy dealership near my house every day and sit in a CJ5 they had on the lot. It had a rough looking paint job, a broken driver seat and a raggedy soft top, but I wanted it bad. Every day I would ask the salesman if they would come down on the price and he wouldn't budge. I honestly think they finally just felt sorry for me and gave it to me at their cost which was $1500. I was ecstatic and took it home and immediately started working on it. I sanded it and painted it myself in a friends paint shop. I went to the junkyard and picked up some seats that I had covered. It was a beast with a 304 V8 and headers. It got about 8 mpg. It was loud, obnoxious and full of awesome. I really loved that Jeep and all of the places it took me. As a kid in college, taking the top off, piling in my friends and heading to the mountains are some of my best memories.

cj.jpg

After college, I moved across country and had to sell the Jeep. Soon, I had a young family and as much as I hated it, I just couldn't swing a Jeep for an extra vehicle in addition to my company vehicle. It wasn't until last year that my wife finally talked some sense into me. Honestly, she was just tired of me talking about Jeeps for all these years and said we should just get one. I picked up a 2012 two door (against her objections) and have had a constant smile on my face ever since.

flight.jpg

PatyWagon

I have always had a problem. When I was 19 in 1989, I would stop by this Chevy dealership near my house every day and sit in a CJ5 they had on the lot. It had a rough looking paint job, a broken driver seat and a raggedy soft top, but I wanted it bad. Every day I would ask the salesman if they would come down on the price and he wouldn't budge. I honestly think they finally just felt sorry for me and gave it to me at their cost which was $1500. I was ecstatic and took it home and immediately started working on it. I sanded it and painted it myself in a friends paint shop. I went to the junkyard and picked up some seats that I had covered. It was a beast with a 304 V8 and headers. It got about 8 mpg. It was loud, obnoxious and full of awesome. I really loved that Jeep and all of the places it took me. As a kid in college, taking the top off, piling in my friends and heading to the mountains are some of my best memories.

View attachment 294012

After college, I moved across country and had to sell the Jeep. Soon, I had a young family and as much as I hated it, I just couldn't swing a Jeep for an extra vehicle in addition to my company vehicle. It wasn't until last year that my wife finally talked some sense into me. Honestly, she was just tired of me talking about Jeeps for all these years and said we should just get one. I picked up a 2012 two door (against her objections) and have had a constant smile on my face ever since.

View attachment 294013
Awesome story! I truly understand that smile bc I get it everyone I climb into my new JK[emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

Awesome story! I truly understand that smile bc I get it everyone I climb into my new JK[emoji112]

Is there truly any other vehicle that gives people such a love and smile as there is with the jeep?!?! Its mid to upper 30's here in phoenix this week, and i drive to work at 4 in morning with no doors and no top, and do it with a smile. And when i get out and walk into work, its still there froze to my face. Cant trade it for anything.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Is there truly any other vehicle that gives people such a love and smile as there is with the jeep?!?! Its mid to upper 30's here in phoenix this week, and i drive to work at 4 in morning with no doors and no top, and do it with a smile. And when i get out and walk into work, its still there froze to my face. Cant trade it for anything.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Literally froze on your face....

OldManJeepin

Nice thread! Great pics too! I most definitely have the Mad Jeep Syndrome! Always have! My lady says she doesn't worry about me looking at other women...I'm too busy looking at other peep's Jeeps! Started out with a 73 CJ-5 I got in high school when I was just 17 (That was about 1982). One rusted out Heep! But slowly...my friends and I would work on her when we weren't skating or surfing. Finally got her into shape, graduated and went into the service so I sold her to a freind. Once I got my first duty station at Camp Pendelton, Ca, I bought a 78 CJ-7 and drove that every where. Sold that due to overseas deployment and got another when I came back. When overseas I would just save my money and had plenty when I came back. Got another CJ-7 when I got back from that deployment, so on and so forth. We could work on our Jeeps in the base auto shop, so fixing and upgrading was not a problem. First and only brand new Jeep was an 89 Wrangler that was advertised all over for $8995. No internet in those days so it wasn't easy to find parts like today. JC Whitney and some other company, Whitco or something...I had their catalogs and they had some good Jeep stuff. Tube bumpers were the big rage in those days...lol! Also, AJ's fiberglass bodies and 1 piece front ends were big. Had a couple YJ's by the time the TJ came out. Each iteration of the Wrangler getting better and better. Just sold my 3rd TJ: 2002 "X" that was pretty basic with a 2" lift and 32x11.5 Cooper STT's. Never needed much more then that to get where I wanted to go. Now I am on my first JK, 9th Jeep in all...had a couple of other vehicles in my time...A Mustang and a Toyota Celica when my son was born. Never happy driving *anything* else though...even Humvees in the military. They were fun....but they weren't Jeeps! Yep! I am a sick, Jeeply sick man....and loving it!!

PatyWagon

Nice thread! Great pics too! I most definitely have the Mad Jeep Syndrome! Always have! My lady says she doesn't worry about me looking at other women...I'm too busy looking at other peep's Jeeps! Started out with a 73 CJ-5 I got in high school when I was just 17 (That was about 1982). One rusted out Heep! But slowly...my friends and I would work on her when we weren't skating or surfing. Finally got her into shape, graduated and went into the service so I sold her to a freind. Once I got my first duty station at Camp Pendelton, Ca, I bought a 78 CJ-7 and drove that every where. Sold that due to overseas deployment and got another when I came back. When overseas I would just save my money and had plenty when I came back. Got another CJ-7 when I got back from that deployment, so on and so forth. We could work on our Jeeps in the base auto shop, so fixing and upgrading was not a problem. First and only brand new Jeep was an 89 Wrangler that was advertised all over for $8995. No internet in those days so it wasn't easy to find parts like today. JC Whitney and some other company, Whitco or something...I had their catalogs and they had some good Jeep stuff. Tube bumpers were the big rage in those days...lol! Also, AJ's fiberglass bodies and 1 piece front ends were big. Had a couple YJ's by the time the TJ came out. Each iteration of the Wrangler getting better and better. Just sold my 3rd TJ: 2002 "X" that was pretty basic with a 2" lift and 32x11.5 Cooper STT's. Never needed much more then that to get where I wanted to go. Now I am on my first JK, 9th Jeep in all...had a couple of other vehicles in my time...A Mustang and a Toyota Celica when my son was born. Never happy driving *anything* else though...even Humvees in the military. They were fun....but they weren't Jeeps! Yep! I am a sick, Jeeply sick man....and loving it!!
A name for this - MJS - Mad Jeep Syndrome, thank you I feel better after being diagnosed [emoji106]

PatyWagon

LOL! You're welcome... It's what I call a good form of cancer...
Unfortunately, there's no good things about cancer, but SYNDROME sounds like something I could live with. And MJS is something I wouldn't necessarily want a "cure" for, unless it involves more jeeps, in this case perhaps more is better?? Feed the sickness [emoji1]

briand

Well, my love of Jeeps actually started in the late 70’s or early 80’s with a 1968 Toyota FJ40. I didn’t know any better at the time and always called it a jeep. When I was getting old enough to think about what I wanted to drive my father asked me what I wanted. My only answer was a Jeep! We found a 1944 Ford GPW for a good price and picked it up. Since then have always had the love but only had two other Jeeps in the family. We bought a 1942 Willy’s MB and my current DD is an 86 CJ7. Still have the GPW and MB. Been looking really hard at a JK lately as well as the JL. Who knows, maybe we will be adding one of those soon!

PatyWagon

Well, my love of Jeeps actually started in the late 70’s or early 80’s with a 1968 Toyota FJ40. I didn’t know any better at the time and always called it a jeep. When I was getting old enough to think about what I wanted to drive my father asked me what I wanted. My only answer was a Jeep! We found a 1944 Ford GPW for a good price and picked it up. Since then have always had the love but only had two other Jeeps in the family. We bought a 1942 Willy’s MB and my current DD is an 86 CJ7. Still have the GPW and MB. Been looking really hard at a JK lately as well as the JL. Who knows, maybe we will be adding one of those soon!
Only thing to do is succumb to the need, better to go along than fight the urge. Only the silly smile will give us away. [emoji3]

trntk

Really enjoyed reading through this thread! My run started in 2010 with a stock 07 JK sport with 18k miles. Put 33s and cut the fenders and four door springs which got me through the Rubicon. That really created the love for them. I picked up a 1960 cj5 for cheap. Drove it to the auto parts store a few times. Geared the 07 and put 35s on her, ran a few trails in co and I started burning oil bad with 50k on the clock. Got my wifes 15 JKUR for her dd. Planned on a rebuild for mine and had some 1 tons in the garage almost ready but got quick turnaround orders to CA and decided i didnt have the money to finish all my projects in a month so i sold the CJ, my JK and bought a newer subaru in 2016. (Still have it and hate driving it) thankfully after almost two years without a jeep of my own i found my current flat fender. A 1950 locked on 35s, which has been amazing at helping keep me sane on the weekends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

PatyWagon

Now that I'm back in a JK, I've looked back. Starting in 1993 or so began the run. It went like this - CJ5, XJ, TJ (3), KK, JK, MK (2), JK (2), BU, and finally 4th JK and so far the best of the 4 JKs! During these years were 2 children, family obligations, gas crisis, lost of employment, move to new state, etc that caused the jumping around. All of the above were pavement pounder DDs, that got me/us thru all weather to work and home. My question to all is what was your progression in the brand? Where did you start and end?

20180225_131758.jpg
Going thru some pics and found one of our first jeep, CJ5 w hardtop

Moose92YJ

Man these are some incredible stories! I hope that I can own quite a few as I just got my first. I wanted a Jeep from the time I turned 12 (29 now) and finally got my first one this past January. We were finally at a point that my wife was cool with us spending the money on a Jeep to have as a third vehicle and weekend toy. I really wanted (and fully plan to own one eventually) a CJ8 Scrambler. That just wasn't in the cards right now to justify 15K on one. So, I found an incredible deal on a 92 YJ. My son loves it as you can see in the picture. Hopefully, he ends up loving them as much as I do. My father in law also has a 70s (don't remember year) Wagoneer and a 1979 CJ7.

BrettandP.jpg

Top Bottom