wschilawski's JKU Build

wschilawski

Was in SoCal for our honeymoon and decided it was necessary to stop by ORE. Of course it was Labor Day and Mel was doing the JKX. Need to get back here sometime soon to take a closer look.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441719955.765597.jpg

wschilawski

Installed ProComp center caps. I may have gotten the wrong ones as they were a very tight fit. I scratched a few of them but some wheel paint took care of it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442331447.388688.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442331462.489224.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442331481.124673.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Now it's time for the rear bumper cover to go! :thumb: You won't miss it and it's a lot easier than the front bumper/fender chops.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks coz!

This weekend will be u-joints, balljoints, and c gussets

Very cool! Take the old ball joints out then take your time welding in the gussets and let it fully cool before you install the new joints. Maybe do the u joints while everything cools down from welding

wschilawski

Very cool! Take the old ball joints out then take your time welding in the gussets and let it fully cool before you install the new joints. Maybe do the u joints while everything cools down from welding

That was my plan - figured while I was doing u-joints, might as well do ball joints. While the entire assembly is out, may as well do the gussets too. :clap2:

wschilawski

Started to tackle ball joints, u-joints, and axle gussets on Sunday; only got half-done. Ended up breaking one bolt on for the hub assembly and snapping the speed sensor passenger side. Ordered new MOOG assemblies with speed sensors, should be here Tuesday.
IMG_2679.jpg

Think this u-joint needed replacing?
IMG_2680.jpg

wschilawski

Finished everything up today - had a few challenges getting everything back together but all is well.

Also installed the TeraFlex tire carrier:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444268397.459533.jpg

wschilawski

Nice! That's the tire carrier I'm looking at. Looks solid.

Very solid carrier - went down a few roads where I know the tire made a lot of noise lat night; nice and quiet now. Build quality is great, everything lined up. It's nice that they included various spots for accessory mounting. I'll be testing it out this weekend - heading back to Elton on Saturday with a few club members.

On a side note - installing the 4.88's the first week in November - ready to get a little power back.

JKResistance

Very solid carrier - went down a few roads where I know the tire made a lot of noise lat night; nice and quiet now. Build quality is great, everything lined up. It's nice that they included various spots for accessory mounting. I'll be testing it out this weekend - heading back to Elton on Saturday with a few club members.

On a side note - installing the 4.88's the first week in November - ready to get a little power back.

Good to know. I currently don't have a tire carrier, was running the genright, but just got tired of the look. I think the teraflex one looks great. Can't really beat the install either, looks super easy. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom