Wow

Try the search., it's there for a reason

Yeh, I looked around with the search feature. Could not find it, but then again, I am not the one making the allegations that someone lied. For me, if I question someone's integrity, I better have good proof that they did. But that is just me.

Yeh, I looked around with the search feature. Could not find it, but then again, I am not the one making the allegations that someone lied. For me, if I question someone's integrity, I better have good proof that they did. But that is just me.

As piginajeep stated there is a thread supporting his allegations. He is just too lazy or does not care enough to find it for you, as am I. If it really irritated you that much you would have dug it up yourself(keep looking it's there I have seen it.). I bet searching EVO stinger brake salt would turn it up.

First, why do you care so much?

Second, if you actually read this whole thread you would see where JReid admitted the fact that his brother incorrectly installed the Evo Stinger causing it to break and was too embarrassed to come back and tell us that he was wrong.

As piginajeep stated there is a thread supporting his allegations. He is just too lazy or does not care enough to find it for you, as am I. If it really irritated you that much you would have dug it up yourself(keep looking it's there I have seen it.). I bet searching EVO stinger brake salt would turn it up.

Thank you spud cannons. I tried that and nothing come up, either on Google or on this site.

First, why do you care so much?

Second, if you actually read this whole thread you would see where JReid admitted the fact that his brother incorrectly installed the Evo Stinger causing it to break and was too embarrassed to come back and tell us that he was wrong.

I am just curious. I have no dog in the fight. Whether one person is lying or is being honest does not affect me on the internet. I do not personally deal with either. I am just curious to learn: What to do and what NOT to do. Being new to the whole Jeep thing, I want to learn here before I learn out there.

Thank you all for your help, by the way.

I am still waiting for the information on the thread in which you allege Jried was "less than forthright"?

Meanwhile, Jried. Keep up the hard work. It seems that it is people like you that produce and contribute.

Um, did you even read this thread? He admits that he was claiming the EVO stinger just fell off and then, when questioned about, just stopped responding because he found out his brother didn't not properly install the stinger.

Um, did you even read this thread? He admits that he was claiming the EVO stinger just fell off and then, when questioned about, just stopped responding because he found out his brother didn't not properly install the stinger.

Sharkey, I thought you referred to another thread. Maybe I am wrong here?

I am just curious. I have no dog in the fight. Whether one person is lying or is being honest does not affect me on the internet. I do not personally deal with either. I am just curious to learn: What to do and what NOT to do. Being new to the whole Jeep thing, I want to learn here before I learn out there.

Thank you all for your help, by the way.

Basically the moral to this thread is to be honest, never wheel unprepared, and for the love of God, do everything you can to keep from leaving your rig on a trail over night.

Basically the moral to this thread is to be honest, never wheel unprepared, and for the love of God, do everything you can to keep from leaving your rig on a trail over night.

All of which unfortunately should be common sense.

You want your "less than truthful"? Try this on for size.

http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=515239

Hmmm, claims to have installed the top bolts...now admits that said installation never occurred.

Sharkey,

Thank you for your time and patience. I'll admit, I am pretty clueless what went wrong where. I am not even sure what goes where, so you'll have to excuse my complete lack of experience here.

Maybe there is a cliff notes version as to what should not have been done. So far, I understand that one would never pull from the stinger bar, correct? After that, I am not sure what went wrong in that thread.

Jried,

Have you even considered asking your brother to get on the forum and explain himself. Several times you advised "not my Jeep". I understand you want to help the guy, but how about he help himself? Just my two cents.

Sharkey,

Thank you for your time and patience. I'll admit, I am pretty clueless what went wrong where. I am not even sure what goes where, so you'll have to excuse my complete lack of experience here.

Maybe there is a cliff notes version as to what should not have been done. So far, I understand that one would never pull from the stinger bar, correct? After that, I am not sure what went wrong in that thread.

Jried,

Have you even considered asking your brother to get on the forum and explain himself. Several times you advised "not my Jeep". I understand you want to help the guy, but how about he help himself? Just my two cents.

It's actually really simple. His brother didn't install the top bolts for the stinger, which allowed moisture to get in the bottom portion of where the stinger and d-ring mounting plate join. This caused it to rust. Under the pressure of be winched against the mud, the stinger broke. JRied swore up and down that it was installed correctly and then when he realized it wasn't, he chose to not come back and inform everyone of his findings. So when this new thread involving his brother was posted, folks were skeptical on the truth of the story. Are you able to understand that? I'm not sure it could be laid out any simpler.

Edited: And, to address your "what should not have been done" statement, ALWAYS install a product per the manufacturer's instructions. But you also read correctly that you are not to use the stinger as a recovery point. That is not its purpose.

Last edited:
It's actually really simple. His brother didn't install the top bolts for the stinger, which allowed moisture to get in the bottom portion of where the stinger and d-ring mounting plate join. This caused it to rust. Under the pressure of be winched against the mud, the stinger broke. JRied swore up and down that it was installed correctly and then when he realized it wasn't, he chose to not come back and inform everyone of his findings. So when this new thread involving his brother was posted, folks were skeptical on the truth of the story. Are you able to understand that? I'm not sure it could be laid out any simpler.

Edited: And, to address your "what should not have been done" statement, ALWAYS install a product per the manufacturer's instructions. But you also read correctly that you are not to use the stinger as a recovery point. That is not its purpose.

Thank you again for the clarification.

Yeh, it is my thought that if I have no experience installing something, I'll just pay someone else to do it who knows what they are doing.

Again, thank you for the help.

Hey guys back from vaca, New Orleans is awesome and hot as hell hotter then miami. Insurance agent has been great with my brother. Told him they only cover 1k in extras so to get him invoices and told him to remove whatever parts he wanted. Next he asked what his preference was, to fix the jk and get it back to him or to have it as a total loss. My brother said after all he's put into it he'd much rather have it fixed and returned. The agent said ok good and he's going to run the cost of both and run them to Allstate and see which one they choose to go with. Here's a pic of it from a cpl days ago at the lot.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437688327.759754.jpg

Will post again when some more info is tossed my way

On a side note his jw speakers and ps tail lights with harnesses were taken from the vehicle at the lot. Shows it dropped off with them at the lot as it entered, then mysteriously gone. Someone at the shops in trouble lol but the owner said my brother will receive them or be reimbursed

Top Bottom