Wiring Otrattw switches

glassboy

I want to wire some off-road lights using the painless trail rocker harness and some Otrattw double lit switches. Does any one know where I can find the wire under the dash to power the led when the headlights are turned on?

I believe I used the orange/white wire in the harness for the stereo to power the switches. That's just one option though others may have others

I want to wire some off-road lights using the painless trail rocker harness and some Otrattw double lit switches. Does any one know where I can find the wire under the dash to power the led when the headlights are turned on?

To power the off road lights or power the lights in the switches?

Are you talking about a dimmer circuit to power led on the switch up?

The orange / white wire coming off the back of the instrument cluster is what I used.

Which model switches did you use and what color? I'd like to illuminate my trail rockers too.

Just to power the led light on one half of the switch when the head lights are on

Maybe I (and everyone else who previously answered) am not understanding your question.

The trail rocker already has a power wire running to the switches that turns on an led when the switch is triggered and the accessory is running (that is why the switch lights up.)

Some of the other answers are talking about tapping a dimmer wire in the dash so your switches (one led on the switch) is illuminated at night just like the rest of your dash. Again, with that type of set up, the other led on the switch will light up when the switch is triggered and the accessory is running (again, that is from the power line that comes with the trail rocker.)

So, did you buy new OTRATTW switch bodies so you can have one led turn on with the switch and one led illuminate at night with your dash?

Last edited:
Maybe I (and everyone else who previously answered) am not understanding your question.

The trail rocker already has a power wire running to the switches that turns on an led when the switch is triggered and the accessory is running (that is why the switch lights up.)

Some of the other answers are talking about tapping a dimmer wire in the dash so your switches (one led on the switch) is illuminated at night just like the rest of your dash. Again, with that type of set up, the other led on the switch will light up when the switch is triggered and the accessory is running (again, that is from the power line that comes with the trail rocker.)

So, did you buy new OTRATTW switch bodies so you can have one led turn on with the switch and one led illuminate at night with your dash?

I can't answer for the OP but one of the options on the OTRATTW site is to buy an 2 LED switch and the options for the switches are; both leds light up when switch is flipped, upper independent, and lower independent. My guess is that he's got lower independent and wants to wire the lower light to come on when the headlights are flipped on. I could be wrong though

Edit: the switch would look like these when the headlights are on and the switch is in the off position
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458854407.463582.jpg

Last edited:
Yes that is what I have the text will be illuminated with the dash lights and the picture illuminated when the off road lights are turned on.

Ok, so again, the only "new" wire that isn't in the painless performance system should be the power lead for the dimmer on this new switch. As stated above, tapping the dash dimmer should work just fine.

On the passenger kick panel should be the wire for your running lights which is where I tagged for my lightsImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459056598.151601.jpg

Top Bottom