Winterizing Jeeps

I'm in the Atlanta area, but not sure what you mean by "winterize" a Jeep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm in the Atlanta area, but not sure what you mean by "winterize" a Jeep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I winterize my boat and jet ski but never heard of doing this to a car let alone a jeep. I'm from higher north as well where the winters are worse than what you guys see in Georgia

If, by winterize, you mean ready for harsher temps and conditions.... you can do all that yourself.

Check for rust, paint over it
Check your fluids
Change windshield wiper blades/ fluids to winter rated fluid
Grease any greaseable fittings

Youre done!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If, by winterize, you mean ready for harsher temps and conditions.... you can do all that yourself.

Check for rust, paint over it
Check your fluids
Change windshield wiper blades/ fluids to winter rated fluid
Grease any greaseable fittings

Youre done!

he is from GA they dont have rust lol hahaha

he is from GA they dont have rust lol hahaha

Not like we do thats for sure! ! In that case - all you have to do is keep the shiny side up and youre winterized hahaha

Pull the quilt off once a month and start it till it gets up to operating temp. Leave a trickle charger on it. Motors wurst enemy is sitting. Why are you parking it anyways?

You don't really need to do anything to winterize your jeep. If you are going to store it. Air up your tires to proper psi, thoroughly clean it. Change your fluids, fill the gas tank up, put in sta-BIL fuel stabilizer, run it for a couple minutes with that to coat lines etc. lastly disconnect your batter or put it on a battery tender. This is good for up to 1 year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You don't really need to do anything to winterize your jeep. If you are going to store it. Air up your tires to proper psi, thoroughly clean it. Change your fluids, fill the gas tank up, put in sta-BIL fuel stabilizer, run it for a couple minutes with that to coat lines etc. lastly disconnect your batter or put it on a battery tender. This is good for up to 1 year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

actually its better to leave your gas tank close to empty now a days when you winterize something. when you let the fuel sit condensation will build and or water will separate out of the gas. before you go to start your vehicle for the first time you should then add in a full tank, or at least most of the tank, with fresh fuel. We do this with our boat and jet skis every winter when winterizing then fill it up fresh in the spring.

for the battery you are right. disconnect it for the whole time it sits and charge it once a month to keep it fresh

Haha, I guess I should have mentioned I'm moving to Alaska...in the dead of winter. I need to get a rust proof (duh) undercoating, and heaters put in. I just don't want to wait three days in Colorado (stop in the 78 hour drive) for all that to be done.

Haha, I guess I should have mentioned I'm moving to Alaska...in the dead of winter. I need to get a rust proof (duh) undercoating, and heaters put in. I just don't want to wait three days in Colorado (stop in the 78 hour drive) for all that to be done.

Actually - do not do that. The undercoat I mean. I looked into that and it turns out as cool as that sounds, you can wind up plugging drain holes intended to prevent rust and cause greater damage in the long run.

Its better to just make sure you paint the underside and get underneath to ensure you keep it painted and minimize rust.

Also - idk how much Alaska salts their roads but thats mostly where the rust comes from is the corrosive salt and the wet weather... particularly when the sand and rock salt make knicks in the paint and eat away at the metal.

When you drive threw Canada, go to a Krown shop. It's a good quality rustproof.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

When you drive threw Canada, go to a Krown shop. It's a good quality rustproof.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

^ this.

Alternatively, save yourself the $$ and plan to touchup underbody from time to time. Before winter hits up here I'll be under the jeep with sandpaper and a black rattle can.

Top Bottom