Winter Trip to Colorado

cbilyk23

Hello Guys! So I will be going to Colorado with a few friends this January and was wondering how the jeep trails are during this time of year. To give you a little background I have a 2013 JKU Rubicon 10th anniversary stock suspension on tires. Any recommendations on either trails or if you think the trails will be good enough to complete. I want to do something on a beginners level since I havent had much experience with big rocks, ive only wheeled near kansas city. Thank for your input guys. Seen You on the trail!:beer:

99% of trails are closed this time of year unless there is no snow, which there is a ton of so im afraid china wall and a few low elevation trails are about it.

That is unless you want to go snow bashing... Which isnt really a good idea unless youre bulit up for it.

Last edited:
H8roads is correct. I wouldn't be snow bashing if I were you. Slaughterhouse Gulch may be ok but I wouldn't want to get stuck down in there.

Chinaman Gulch may be ok but it's probably too difficult for your level.

China Wall will be ok. I would wheel China Wall and then go drink a bunch of beers.

www.traildamage.com is your resource.

awesome thanks for the input guys! I look foward to it, im so excited,

Highly recommend you take someone with you and don't go alone, and make sure that someone knows what they're doing because you'll bash up that pretty 10A in a hurry otherwise.

Highly recommend you take someone with you and don't go alone, and make sure that someone knows what they're doing because you'll bash up that pretty 10A in a hurry otherwise.

I plan on it, that is the last thing I want to happen.

Top Bottom