WINDROCK End of Summer Pre-Run #3 - May 13-15

BroncoRubi

Same here!!! This was my first run with the new rubicon and it was a blast. Just ordered parts today so I'll be ready for much more soon. Thanks guys

Jeep dad

THARDY thanks had a great time with you guys again look foward to getting out with you all again .And for anyone that dont think T can move just ask me after about taking him out hes fast footed sorry again . but hey you did get to see a full rev launch off 15 :eek: and im sure my eye looked like that .

thardy

Banned
Same here!!! This was my first run with the new rubicon and it was a blast. Just ordered parts today so I'll be ready for much more soon. Thanks guys

Glad you were able to make it out!

THARDY thanks had a great time with you guys again look foward to getting out with you all again .And for anyone that dont think T can move just ask me after about taking him out hes fast footed sorry again . but hey you did get to see a full rev launch off 15 :eek: and im sure my eye looked like that .

Awesome time getting to wheel with you guys. You did a great job driving man. Till next time!

swampdog

Wow, what a blast. I had the best wheeling weekend I've ever had.

Trevor - Thank you so much for doing the front end work of planning and organizing this trip. I know there was lots of behind the scenes work and it doesn't go unappreciated. You were an exceptional leader and spotter. Kudos my friend.

It was awesome meeting and wheeling with so many Wayalifers. This was an awesome group.

Trevor, for my feedback, for group 1 my two favorite trails were 15 and 43. 43 had a great adventure feel with the elevation changes and scenic views, and 15 was an absolute blast. Challenging rocks, gnarly camber angles, it is a must do for the final run. 6 rigs was a great number as we were efficient and didn't have a ton of down time. I understand we will have more rigs on for the EOS run, but I think 6-8 rigs may be the sweet spot to maximize seat time. I'm so pumped for the EOS run in August and have a feeling I will be back in windrock before than.

Cheers and lets set up a Uwharrie trip soon!

thardy

Banned
Wow, what a blast. I had the best wheeling weekend I've ever had.

Trevor - Thank you so much for doing the front end work of planning and organizing this trip. I know there was lots of behind the scenes work and it doesn't go unappreciated. You were an exceptional leader and spotter. Kudos my friend.

It was awesome meeting and wheeling with so many Wayalifers. This was an awesome group.

Trevor, for my feedback, for group 1 my two favorite trails were 15 and 43. 43 had a great adventure feel with the elevation changes and scenic views, and 15 was an absolute blast. Challenging rocks, gnarly camber angles, it is a must do for the final run. 6 rigs was a great number as we were efficient and didn't have a ton of down time. I understand we will have more rigs on for the EOS run, but I think 6-8 rigs may be the sweet spot to maximize seat time. I'm so pumped for the EOS run in August and have a feeling I will be back in windrock before than.

Cheers and lets set up a Uwharrie trip soon!

It was awesome to meet you and glad you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for your feedback!We'll definitely have to put something together soon.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Wow just finished looking through the pics they look awesome I so wish I could've gone but it's all good

JKDOC1

Hey just wanted to give a quick shout out and huge thank you to everyone that helped me this past weekend...we all had a blast...kids included!!! First time out with the Rubicon. You can now find me on the local street corner selling my body for parts lol...trying to figure out what to buy next

thardy

Banned
Hey just wanted to give a quick shout out and huge thank you to everyone that helped me this past weekend...we all had a blast...kids included!!! First time out with the Rubicon. You can now find me on the local street corner selling my body for parts lol...trying to figure out what to buy next

It was great to meet you and the family. Looking forward to the next run!

trailless

Caught the Bug
I had a blast out there at Windrock and can't wait to go back. Thanks Trevor for putting it together. The trails or the intermediate group were a bit more difficult than I was expecting, especially since most of us were stock. (A lot of banging the skids!)

I only took a couple pictures though and I kind of regret that...

The stock JK got a little bigger its Rubi wheels and tires.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463448760.087824.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463448796.171769.jpg

This is when we stopped for lunch.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463448936.679602.jpg

Sorry for not getting any pictures of anyone else. These are the only 3 pictures that I got.

I also got one of the overlook on trail 22.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463449099.487069.jpg

BroncoRubi

There was one trail on the intermediate group that is a definite no go. Deep deep ruts and mud with no way around. Whytiptoe can tell you were it was

thardy

Banned
It was 22, you can do 22 all the way till it passes 22G for the second time. After that is where the ruts are.

Like I said, it can be done with the right spotting. Just gotta take the right lines. On the second run, MattMC's JKUR was bone stock, he had some challenging spots, but still able to make it.

Cant make it thru, and challenging are two different things...keep in mind this is sn intermediate trail, not beginner

Top Bottom