WINDROCK End of Summer Pre-Run #3 - May 13-15

Coop

Caught the Bug
Last run with WAL at Windrock I noticed all my skids were "polished", including my oil pan skid. I think that was from 22 and 24! Lol!

TennJK

I hate to say it but I won't be able to make it on this run. One of my good buddies is getting married and everything is going down next weekend. I will definitely be in for the August trip. We may have to take an unofficial trip in the summer sometime

swampdog

I hate to say it but I won't be able to make it on this run. One of my good buddies is getting married and everything is going down next weekend. I will definitely be in for the August trip. We may have to take an unofficial trip in the summer sometime

Brahhhh?!?! Haha, i understand priorities we'll catch you on the next one.

Also, next weekend? This is 3 weekends out.

TennJK

Brahhhh?!?! Haha, i understand priorities we'll catch you on the next one.

Also, next weekend? This is 3 weekends out.

I guess that's how out of whack my mental calendar is lol. They are the same weekend unfortunately. Lord knows I would rather be wheeling... But I won't tell him that.

MattMc

You see what happens when you have friends? They start inviting you to shit. I hope you learned your lesson...

swampdog

So, I saw the post thardy just made in the main run thread about the comfort inn in Oak Ridge. I'll be getting w hotel for this pre run, is this hotel the cheapest and most convenient that everyone will crash at or are there other options?

So, I saw the post thardy just made in the main run thread about the comfort inn in Oak Ridge. I'll be getting w hotel for this pre run, is this hotel the cheapest and most convenient that everyone will crash at or are there other options?
Probably the best option, unless you wanna camp, which some of us are doing.

thardy

Banned

The discount provided for the main event is simply the Windrock Discount that they offer all the time. The Comfort Inn and Quality Inn tend to be the go to. Personally, I'll be camping at the park, unless weather changes that.

trailless

Caught the Bug

Yeah, the comfort inn at the Windrock rate is probably the best value. Call directly and mention Windrock to get the $75 rate.

It isn't the cheapest I was as to find but it won't be a scary experience like a $45 motel would provide. I've worked in too many hotels for far too long to risk it.

Last edited:

swampdog

The discount provided for the main event is simply the Windrock Discount that they offer all the time. The Comfort Inn and Quality Inn tend to be the go to. Personally, I'll be camping at the park, unless weather changes that.

Ok, what are the details for camping in the park? Are there set sites or is it like uwharrie where you just camp along the trail anywhere you can find a spot? If we get a group camp, everyone throw in and do a couple nights of fire grilling or do y'all usually roll somewhere to eat? I'm just trying to figure out logistics, which I guess is a good thing at this point rather than having to make major repairs to my rig.

thardy

Banned
Ok, what are the details for camping in the park? Are there set sites or is it like uwharrie where you just camp along the trail anywhere you can find a spot? If we get a group camp, everyone throw in and do a couple nights of fire grilling or do y'all usually roll somewhere to eat? I'm just trying to figure out logistics, which I guess is a good thing at this point rather than having to make major repairs to my rig.

They have an actual camp site. Last time we camped, we tried to get close to each other on the back side. They have fire pits with grill grates, so we typically all hang out and throw whatever you bring on the fire. We've also been known to head into town to Applebees on Saturday nights.

Hodsden

Lucky for us we have family in Knoxville so we will either stay with them or if the weather is nice camp.

Top Bottom