Windrock - 24-25 OCT 15

I'll go ahead and post up my plans for the day on Friday. We will be there early and I plan to to take my wife out to the Coal Creek Mining Disaster Memorial, Panther Rock, the Windmills, and a few waterfalls. This will probably be an easier ride and more of a look at history and cool sites. We will probably be rolling out about lunch time.

I'll go ahead and post up my plans for the day on Friday. We will be there early and I plan to to take my wife out to the Coal Creek Mining Disaster Memorial, Panther Rock, the Windmills, and a few waterfalls. This will probably be an easier ride and more of a look at history and cool sites. We will probably be rolling out about lunch time.

I will get with you Sat to get these locations. These are places we would like to see.

We want be in until Fri evening. Have to wait until the kids are out of school and then make the 4.5 hr drive.

I will get with you Sat to get these locations. These are places we would like to see.

We want be in until Fri evening. Have to wait until the kids are out of school and then make the 4.5 hr drive.

10-4. Sounds good. Where are you guys staying?

Phillip, do you know where the coal ovens and abandoned mines are? We want to check those areas out as well. Dave

I have been there, but couldn't tell you how to. Let me get with Jason and I will get you the trails to take. Should have it to you by Tuesday due to the holiday.

10-4. Sounds good. Where are you guys staying?

It all depends. If the wife goes we will get a cabin or hotel. If it is just me and my son then we will camp.

Wifey not too crazy about camping unless it has a bed and built in bath. Lol

That sounds like an awsome idea and plan.

Not gonna lie, really glad I'm able to sit back and just tag along on this one. Looking to gather as much information and opinions while we're out there.

Not gonna lie, really glad I'm able to sit back and just tag along on this one. Looking to gather as much information and opinions while we're out there.

I don't blame you man! You did a kick ass job at the Uwharrie trip!!!!

This sounds like a good time... not sure if ee can make it there before lunch time, but I might have to try...

I have updated the first post with the tentative plan. Let me know if you have any recommendations or suggestions.

For those that have confirmed on the cabin, we have hit a bit of a problem. I just called to reserve one and they are booked through Thanksgiving. It looks like camping may be the only option unless you wanted to stay in a hotel. We want to stay at the campground, so we will probably camp.

Me and my lady will be staying at the same hotel I posted about a week or so back. Its the Comfort Inn if anyone else wants to stay there. They have free breakfast lol

Top Bottom