Winch time!

NavyJeeper

so got a new front and rear bumper installed(not the ones in the avatar) and wanting to install a winch on the front as recovery items can be one of if not the most important things you can have on the trails. my question to everyone out there is what would be the capacity to shoot for. I'm in the military so i don't make a whole bunch of money but i also don't want to compromise for quality. Lets hear it boys what you got for me. i apologize if this has been an earlier thread just haven't seen it, if you guys have a link to it let me know. thanks all!

Peak

8K would be more than enough power. I would go with Warn as would most people. Buy it once and never have to worry about it again, but good quality comes a price.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have a Warn M8000. That ought to move a TJ. It was recommended here to me by some experienced guys, for my 2-door JK.

Ddays

Hooked
Save up and get Warn. I made the mistake of buying a cheap winch first time around. I hear ya on the cost but getting stuck somewhere and having a boat anchor instead of a winch will end up costing you more in the long run.
Safety equipment is one area you shouldn't skimp on...

Ddays

Hooked
I think JAGS ordered one from Quadratec and got some free wine with it.

Yeah, I got all excited cuz I got one of those vouchers too but its one of those crowd funding deals that gives you $ towards a future release...:bummed:

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah, I got all excited cuz I got one of those vouchers too but its one of those crowd funding deals that gives you $ towards a future release...:bummed:

I got one the other day with one of my parts. Said $100 wine voucher if you spend $160.00. No thanks. I'll stick to my 15 dollar bottle of wine or buy a 6 pack.

JAGS

Hooked
I think JAGS ordered one from Quadratec and got some free wine with it.

Go with a warn. I saw somewhere they will have their rebate program in effect again around Moab EJS time. Save some $$$ if you can hold off.

I'd recommend contacting Rick at quadratec. Also do some research for price matching.

Yup, got some goodies. Amongst them was a $100 voucher toward a $150 mixed case of wine. Not too bad, unless you prefer the $2 chuck. [emoji6]

Top Bottom