Winch selection

"Maintenance"? In the almost 10 years I've had my WARN, I've never once thought about taking it apart to "maintain" it. But then, I never take my Jeep out of the garage and have never ever used my winch for anything.

"Maintenance"? In the almost 10 years I've had my WARN, I've never once thought about taking it apart to "maintain" it. But then, I never take my Jeep out of the garage and have never ever used my winch for anything.

No shit, I've said it a million times but, is that extra couple hundred bucks saved on a cheap ass winch worth your life ?

No shit, I've said it a million times but, is that extra couple hundred bucks saved on a cheap ass winch worth your life ?

LOL!!! Images of you falling off that shelf road come to mind right there. Could you imagine if we had pulled line, hooked you up and nothing happened :shock: :crazyeyes:

LOL!!! Images of you falling off that shelf road come to mind right there. Could you imagine if we had pulled line, hooked you up and nothing happened :shock: :crazyeyes:

I would be single again!!

Second thought go with the Chinese winch !

Now I am being curious, since I have this issue from time to time, is anyone using grease or anything to protect the connector for the remote? I have had some corrosion issue with that...and the cap is always on.

On the left and on top, a WARN that has never been maintained in almost 10 years. On the right and being pulled up, a failed ENGO that's only 2 years old.

attachment.php

Now I am being curious, since I have this issue from time to time, is anyone using grease or anything to protect the connector for the remote? I have had some corrosion issue with that...and the cap is always on.

I don't have this issue but you could put some dielectric grease on it to help it out.

“It’s expensive to be cheap”. I had a cheap china shittybilt winch that failed me when I needed it most … Thank God I have pals that helped me out. Just remember when buying a winch that your life can truly depend on your decision. Yes, it’s that important. My Warn PowerPlant is rock solid.

If only I maintained my winch.

Seriously! :naw: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

“It’s expensive to be cheap”. I had a cheap china shittybilt winch that failed me when I needed it most … Thank God I have pals that helped me out. Just remember when buying a winch that your life can truly depend on your decision. Yes, it’s that important. My Warn PowerPlant is rock solid.

LOL!! I totally forgot that you used to have a Smittybilt. Yes, it can be pretty damn expensive to be cheap. :yup:

How exactly would one maintain a waterproof, maintenance free, sealed box? 🤔 Seems to me you would have warranty issues the second you bust it open.

Zeon

Here is a quick and shitty pic of the Zeon 10s installed, I'll post some better ones later. Damn it does look cool though. IMG_3197-1.jpg

So I called engo to see what they would say about the shitty waterproof box. I gave them the run down and was told if I can provide proof of purchase, pictures and its within a year they will warranty it. They told me that
If the cover is seated properly and the grommets are there it shouldn't leak. I told them it did leak even with everything there but for some reason still need to prove that it's within warranty and when I bought it.

Moral of the story, buy warn.

So I called engo to see what they would say about the shitty waterproof box. I gave them the run down and was told if I can provide proof of purchase, pictures and its within a year they will warranty it. They told me that
If the cover is seated properly and the grommets are there it shouldn't leak. I told them it did leak even with everything there but for some reason still need to prove that it's within warranty and when I bought it.

Wow! Sounds like the warranty is as good as the product. Time for a WARN!

So even with proof the warranty is only good for a year? Lame

WTF, really??? I mean seriously, how much would it cost these guys to just send you a replacement box? Granted, being that it'd have to come from China, I suppose it can be pretty pricey. :naw:

Top Bottom