Winch and bumper

Crunch the numbers.

Badlands Apex has a 90 day warranty. To get a two year warranty, it costs almost $200.

Warn EVO has a lifetime warranty on mechanicals and seven year warranty on electrical.

By the time you buy an Apex and the two year warranty, you’re within a couple hundred dollars or so of the equivalent EVO.

You could get the new, cheaper Badlands ZXR 1200 winch, but it only comes with a steel cable. By the time you add a two year warranty and a Harbor Freight synth rope, you’re looking at close to $600. The Warn EVO can be found for just under $1000.
Thats good to know. I definitely want good quality with a warranty

sunnysideup

I have an older Warn winch.... had a motor burn up on it... the great thing about it was that parts to fix the winch were easily available, there were parts in my own state! I had it up and runing for under 200 bucks. I also once had a smittybuilt XRC winch...it broke two times- both times all new parts were sent for free and the down time was only a couple weeks each time. So- it might be worth looking at the ability ro repair the winch when you are shopping, and as mentioned above the warrenty might come in handy. Why did my warn break? Well it was 8 years old when I got it... and I have no idea of the care it did or did not recieve before I got it. It's been great since the repair.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
A winch can save your life. Buy quality.
I agree. I'm shopping around and looking at the reviews.
As long as the numbers are right.
I’m with Overlander. Buy once, cry once. Just go for a Warn. 10k will be plenty and it’ll last you.
Yeah I can't argue your point. This is a one time thing that I want to do. I'll look at some Warns
You already know which is better, BUT
At the least if you buy a china winch , buy the VR. Yes Warn is expensive. But when comparing the two in this manner, instead of $$

THERE IS NO SHORTCUT TO PERFECTION​

The red WARN® badge says you’re equipped to handle anything, ready to conquer any challenge that may come your way. That badge has stood for off-road excellence for more than 70 years. During that time, we haven’t stopped innovating or striving for perfection.

At WARN, we pour our effort and our thirst for adventure into every product we make. You better believe American pride runs deep here in Clackamas, Oregon. Here a small army of engineers, technicians, machinists, and assemblers design and refine WARN products—bringing them as close to perfection as possible. Their work is backed up by legendary quality control that doesn’t just stand up to rigid WARN standards—it lives up to the toughest demands of the world’s top vehicle manufacturers and military suppliers. How do we know? Because they’ve partnered with Warn for decades. This quest for peerless reliability—this WARN difference—will be around as long as WARN Industries is in business —at least another 70 years.

These guys pretty much tell you they are disposable.

Badland Winches are manufactured in China By winches manufacturing firms called Ningbo Lianda Winch Co and Ningbo Antai Winches Technology Co.

These winches are well known for consistently excellent service, very affordable price and dependable products.

Badland winches are a great buy because they come with full features,

Their range of applications and efficiency is unmatched by any other product in the market.

These Badland winches can be purchased at low prices because they are mass produced.

Top Bottom