Winch and bumper

So I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys with a 2 inch Mopar lift with 35s. I want to add a winch bumper and 12k winch. I was wondering if anyone has had experience in the front end sagging when adding 200 lbs. I've looked online and it's mixed reviews.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why do you want to add a 12k? Bit overkill.

But yes, with a winch and steel bumper it will sag. Just get a small spacer and you’ll be fine.

Well I kinda like those Badland Apex 12k winches. Yeah a small spacer was recommended to me also for the small amount of sag.

kevman65

Hooked
On a JT I added a full width Rock Hard bumper with winch and lost about 3/4".

So yes, if you want to maintain your height you want to add spacers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well I kinda like those Badland Apex 12k winches. Yeah a small spacer was recommended to me also for the small amount of sag.
Why do you "like" those winches? Its chinese crap. I would not have one before I ran one of those again. Been there done that with the chinese crap winches. They don't last.

Why do you "like" those winches? Its chinese crap. I would not have one before I ran one of those again. Been there done that with the chinese crap winches. They don't last.
Well I've just read reviews and haven't seen anyone say anything bad about them. I'm pretty sure they are made in California too. If they don't last then that's good to know.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well I've just read reviews and haven't seen anyone say anything bad about them. I'm pretty sure they are made in California too. If they don't last then that's good to know.
Designed in California. Big difference. They are the same as any other run of the mill china winch. Its all marketing.

Yeah I'm basically going off of what different people have. I see plenty of Warns and those Badlands winches. I know the Badlands seems to be the go to winch of the YouTuber, but I haven't seen too many complaints.

Yeah I'm still looking. I need to find a good bumper now. I'm not really in too much of a hurry. I want to get it done before my run to Windrock this summer.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Crunch the numbers.

Badlands Apex has a 90 day warranty. To get a two year warranty, it costs almost $200.

Warn EVO has a lifetime warranty on mechanicals and seven year warranty on electrical.

By the time you buy an Apex and the two year warranty, you’re within a couple hundred dollars or so of the equivalent EVO.

You could get the new, cheaper Badlands ZXR 1200 winch, but it only comes with a steel cable. By the time you add a two year warranty and a Harbor Freight synth rope, you’re looking at close to $600. The Warn EVO can be found for just under $1000.

Last edited:
Top Bottom