Will Snorkel & A-Pilar lights both mount?

Jmos

Hello,

I tried to search and see if this was already a thread - please re-direct me to it if there is one. (I'm still new,... )

I'm interested in this snorkel:

But wanted to mount TWO A-pilar lights,... and don't see hardware that could clear this snorkel with two, in the low-mounting configuration.

I have these mounts currently from Morimoto, and they would hold my current Ditch-lights up over the low-mounted snorkel-cowl:

But not two lights.

After my most recent experience, driving through TWO snow storms on our adventure to Yosemite and back (from Seattle) 3000 miles, my lower lights got covered in snow and only my Ditch-lights saved our butts! -- So I'm interested in adding two spots to the A-pilar.

(I have two spots on the bumper, Rigid 6" 360s, love them... I'll change these to driving lights in that position)

So, I was hoping y'all might have some ideas for me. -- Next adventure won't have snow storms, but we are overloading from Seattle, WA, to Birmingham, AL in September or so (6000 miles), with some National Parks trails along the way.

Any suggestions please?
Thank you in advance.
J.

WJCO

Meme King
Hello,

I tried to search and see if this was already a thread - please re-direct me to it if there is one. (I'm still new,... )

I'm interested in this snorkel:

But wanted to mount TWO A-pilar lights,... and don't see hardware that could clear this snorkel with two, in the low-mounting configuration.

I have these mounts currently from Morimoto, and they would hold my current Ditch-lights up over the low-mounted snorkel-cowl:

But not two lights.

After my most recent experience, driving through TWO snow storms on our adventure to Yosemite and back (from Seattle) 3000 miles, my lower lights got covered in snow and only my Ditch-lights saved our butts! -- So I'm interested in adding two spots to the A-pilar.

(I have two spots on the bumper, Rigid 6" 360s, love them... I'll change these to driving lights in that position)

So, I was hoping y'all might have some ideas for me. -- Next adventure won't have snow storms, but we are overloading from Seattle, WA, to Birmingham, AL in September or so (6000 miles), with some National Parks trails along the way.

Any suggestions please?
Thank you in advance.
J.
I don't have an exact answer to your question but if you do ultimately put LED lights on your pillars, make sure you aim them properly and/or use amber lenses or they will do you no good in a snow storm. Bright LED lights pointed right out in front of you while driving through falling snow produces almost no visibility. It shines back at you and sucks.

kevman65

Hooked
Straight up answer, not without modifying the brackets OR swapping sides with them.

You would probably have to source 2 longer bolts for the snorkel side. Would keep the rubber spacers for the mounts, but passenger side is still going to wobble as the plastic on the snorkel will flex from the weight.

Jmos

rigid makes A-pillar hinge mounts that would work with the low profile setup
Do you have a link?

Rigid,... is on my NAUGHTY list right now though...
I'm going 12 rounds with them over even a partial refund on an order that has gone sideways, for both of us. #ugh

Jmos

I don't have an exact answer to your question but if you do ultimately put LED lights on your pillars, make sure you aim them properly and/or use amber lenses or they will do you no good in a snow storm. Bright LED lights pointed right out in front of you while driving through falling snow produces almost no visibility. It shines back at you and sucks.
Yep, Ditch-lights, angled out slightly, worked great in BOTH the snow storms we drove through.

Yep, using Amber lenses!

Spot on!

Jmos

Straight up answer, not without modifying the brackets OR swapping sides with them.

You would probably have to source 2 longer bolts for the snorkel side. Would keep the rubber spacers for the mounts, but passenger side is still going to wobble as the plastic on the snorkel will flex from the weight.
I may have to choose -- different snorkel set-up (which I don't want, because I prefer the minimalism, and it is all I need).
Or, choose to live with just one a-pilar light, and add extra spots to my bumper instead of the currently installed amber fog lights.

...design choices = #ugh

TY

Top Bottom