WILL a 315/70/17 wheel & tire package damage the gearing of the 2.0 JLU Sports front differential?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, it will NOT damage anything.

What "can" damage things is if you install new gears that are higher than 4.88. That will leave you with a pinion that is really small and that can cause a failure. But, with just 315's, there is no need to go any higher than that.

Upvote 0
The same shop also tells me that all I need to achieve a 2” lift is to replace only my stock springs. There’s nothing I’ve found on this forum so far to support this. Being an aircraft mechanic I tend to over estimate my automotive maintenance knowledge sometimes but this just doesn’t seem to be true to me. Or better yet, safe.

Upvote 0

Dale72

Hooked
The same shop also tells me that all I need to achieve a 2” lift is to replace only my stock springs. There’s nothing I’ve found on this forum so far to support this. Being an aircraft mechanic I tend to over estimate my automotive maintenance knowledge sometimes but this just doesn’t seem to be true to me. Or better yet, safe.
For a 2 inch lift you will need to change springs and shocks. If that's the route you want to go, look at the Rancho 2 in lift. Eddie has a video of him installing and testing it

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For a 2 inch lift you will need to change springs and shocks. If that's the route you want to go, look at the Rancho 2 in lift. Eddie has a video of him installing and testing it
Yup, what he said ^^^^

This is what I would recommend

Upvote 0
Yup, what he said ^^^^

This is what I would recommend
As an expatriate my living situation doesn’t give me a garage to due the installation myself. So I may have to buy the kit when I come home for vacation and mail it to myself and find a shop to install. I’m missing my garage, tools and motorcycle right about now.

Upvote 0

jesse3638

Hooked
As an expatriate my living situation doesn’t give me a garage to due the installation myself. So I may have to buy the kit when I come home for vacation and mail it to myself and find a shop to install. I’m missing my garage, tools and motorcycle right about now.
No need for a garage. Just flat, dry, solid ground.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom