Why are the Stars and Stripes Always Flying at Half Staff?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just me or is Old Glory, the Stars and Stripes, the American flag ALWAYS flying at half staff lately? I'm genuinely embarrassed to say that I honestly don't know why or what the latest reason for it is and can't even remember the last time it's flow tall and proud.

Please forgive me for being an idiot and sincerely not knowing more than I should.

bmkrinne

Is it just me or is Old Glory, the Stars and Stripes, the American flag ALWAYS flying at half staff lately? I'm genuinely embarrassed to say that I honestly don't know why or what the latest reason for it is and can't even remember the last time it's flow tall and proud.

Please forgive me for being an idiot and sincerely not knowing more than I should.
I’m in the same boat with you! I walk past the flagpole everyday at work and think “huh, the flag is at half staff again.” Then keep walking! Haha!

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been wondering the same thing, seems like they've been at half-staff since the beginning of the year.

I though it was only here and because of the shambles our country is in - <not the reason>

just looked it up - honoring former Vice President Walter Mondale

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
A quick scan through my email had some of the presidential orders in there... I used to ask anytime flags were at half staff but have become numb to it lately.

April 16-20 Tragedy in Indianapolis

April 2-6 Attack on capitol April 2

March 23-27 Tragedy in Boulder

March 18-22 Shooting in Atlanta

February 22-26 COVID 19 deaths

WJCO

Meme King

I’m in the same boat with you! I walk past the flagpole everyday at work and think “huh, the flag is at half staff again.” Then keep walking! Haha!
I noticed it too but didn't know why.

kevman65

Hooked
Federal, State, and local governments all fly at half staff for a myriad of reasons.

So when I see one flaying half, I have to do a search for the reasoning.

Also, the reasoning is not always consistent.

Suspect

I asked my self the same question the other day, I walk by a flag everyday and have seen them at half staff for the past month.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
You are not alone Eddie. I cannot figure it out myself also. My wife was asking the same thing the other week and yeh, it seems they should just double the height of all flag poles and create a new normal. That way the flag can fly at proper height again.

Don't get me started about burning flags.

Top Bottom