Who's running an Icon lift?

JCMULEY

To address your original question... I have the 3" Stage III kit and could not be happier. Nice balance for highway driving and off road. 34" tires and it handles the bumps great, flexes well on the rocks, and is very comfortable going down the highway.

ScoobyCarolanNC

To address your original question... I have the 3" Stage III kit and could not be happier. Nice balance for highway driving and off road. 34" tires and it handles the bumps great, flexes well on the rocks, and is very comfortable going down the highway.

How long have you been running it? Any droop or other issues?

JCMULEY

How long have you been running it? Any droop or other issues?

Have had the lift going on 3 years. Only have knowledge from what I have learned on this great forum, issue I ran into when upgrading my front bumper and installing a winch the front end sagged. I remedied that by installing spacers. From what I read this was common among many lifts. The lift for the JK was a new offering at the time for Icon and the torque specs provided in the instructions were incorrect, consequently I destroyed some bushings during the install. Contacted Icon and they gladly acknowledged the mistake and promptly sent me replacement. Decent customer support and service considering I was frustrated and being less than considerate when I made Initial contact with them concerning this. Lift hardware and shocks appear to be very high quality. Like I said rides sweet.

bouche03

With RK lift kit, the rear track bar bracket is first bolted on. That will be good enough for you to drive to a shop and have it welded. That's what I did when I installed that lift myself in the garage...Other options could be:
-Get a rear adjustable track bar so you won't need that bracket
-Get another brand track bar bracket that is a complete bolt on that comes with an added brace...

The raised track bar bracket actually may not center the axle depending on the weight on the Jeep. It is more important to your roll center and keeping the trackbar more level than without it. I suggest just getting a bolt on bracket like the Metal cloak, TF, or Synergy among others if you don't want to be welding things on...

ScoobyCarolanNC

I destroyed some bushings during the install. Contacted Icon and they gladly acknowledged the mistake and promptly sent me replacement. Decent customer support and service considering I was frustrated and being less than considerate when I made Initial contact with them concerning this. Lift hardware and shocks appear to be very high quality. Like I said rides sweet.

Thanks for the opinion & good to know about customer service!

The raised track bar bracket actually may not center the axle depending on the weight on the Jeep. It is more important to your roll center and keeping the trackbar more level than without it. I suggest just getting a bolt on bracket like the Metal cloak, TF, or Synergy among others if you don't want to be welding things on...

Wasn't sure if this was a bad idea. Thanks for explaining it a bit. Seems ok for a short term solution.

Top Bottom