Whiskey of the Day

littlebeas

At least not every night. [emoji6][emoji485][emoji485]

I strongly recommend the woodford double Oaked if you’ve never tried.

I definitely wouldn’t ever turn it down. Woodford is super smooth. Maker’s Mark cask strength and Jefferson’s Ocean aged have many of the same notes but are a touch more to my tastes for that style as they are a bit “spicier”. Living where I do the Jeep, wife, and I make a couple weekend trips down the Kentucky bourbon trail every year to see what’s new out in the whiskey world. It’s a nice drive and beautiful country. If you can make it happen you won’t be disappointed. Just don’t make the rookie mistake and try to hit too many distilleries on the same day. I was definitely that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well fellas I can make my own margaritas very well I can make my good ol jack and Pepsi but my first attempt at a jack smash needs little work instead of simple syrup I used honey anybody chime in on this it looked as if the honey didn’t mix well when I shook it. It was still pretty good I see room for improvement any ideas I’m open.
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Well fellas I can make my own margaritas very well I can make my good ol jack and Pepsi but my first attempt at a jack smash needs little work instead of simple syrup I used honey anybody chime in on this it looked as if the honey didn’t mix well when I shook it. It was still pretty good I see room for improvement any ideas I’m open.
View attachment 347937
View attachment 347938

Make a Old Fashioned instead.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

The thing that gets me is what do you use for simple syrup according to Jack Daniels website

Just regular non-flavored simple syrup you can buy or even meltdown yourself.

I just get pure cane sugar mix 1 part water 1 part sugar, bring to a boil while stirring then let it cool.

For old fashioned, I use Sugar in the Raw packets. Image%20(1).jpg

Last edited:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Just regular non-flavored simple syrup you can buy or even meltdown yourself.

I just get pure cane sugar mix 1 part water 1 part sugar, bring to a boil while stirring then let it cool.

For old fashioned, I use this sugar in the Raw packets. View attachment 347940

10-4 so it really is just as simple as that that’s good to know maybe it’ll help mix better

Buster3479

My new additions over the last week. I was extremely fortunate. I frequent a place approximately 2 hours away for all of my better bottle purchases, and share pours with the staff when I buy something nice. They value loyal customers as much as I value them, know that I never flip a bottle, and called me when their only bottle of 18 year marriage came in. It's very good, and I think it will open up even more with time as well. It's an EH Taylor, so I had to have it! I'm trying to find the older special releases (Four grain, cured oak, tornado, sour mash) I have Amaranth and 18 Year now.

Attachments

• IMG-20200625-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200625-WA0000.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 52

FFPulley77

Hooked
My new additions over the last week. I was extremely fortunate. I frequent a place approximately 2 hours away for all of my better bottle purchases, and share pours with the staff when I buy something nice. They value loyal customers as much as I value them, know that I never flip a bottle, and called me when their only bottle of 18 year marriage came in. It's very good, and I think it will open up even more with time as well. It's an EH Taylor, so I had to have it! I'm trying to find the older special releases (Four grain, cured oak, tornado, sour mash) I have Amaranth and 18 Year now.

That’s impressive!! I had some EHT Single Barrel this weekend. It’s some good stuff.

FFPulley77

Hooked

IMG_3602.jpg

This one came from my place down the road. I have a relationship with them much like yours. It’s one of the best whiskeys I’ve had.

Top Bottom