Whiskey of the Day

chipper

Tried some Blantons the other day. I was impressed. Used some frozen whisky stones like this instead of ice. Anyone else ever use these
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439760685.369643.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey, a friend of mine was going through his FIL estate and came across an unopened 1994 bottle of Blanton's. Any idea if this is worth something to collectors?

Clem319

Hey, a friend of mine was going through his FIL estate and came across an unopened 1994 bottle of Blanton's. Any idea if this is worth something to collectors?

No it's worthless.. PM me for my address and I'll put it in my recycling bin.

JohnnyD

Had a great birthday...cracked em all...

Very surprised ...the eagle rare very good....someone told same distillery as pappy

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440975413.611252.jpg

chipper

Where on earth were you able to find any Blantons?

It's all out of stock around here, though I was able to snag one of the tiny single serving bottles from Specs.

I'm here on the east coast. My sons future father in law cracked open a bottle for his college graduation. He said he's had for a while. Good stuff. Now I'm looking for some too

JohnnyD

Buffalo Trace makes Eagle Rare.

Glad you like it. Now I just wish I could find it in stock around me. Seems to have gotten TOO popular

Ahh ok good info...

Man I tell ya...good spirits=no hangover lol

I gotta say though I'm not much of a scotch guy....I wasn't all that impressed with the macallan 21...guys here were droolling over it....I'm really like eh towards it but nonetheless a really generous gift from colleague.

The four roses was awesome.

The Bazel Hayden I see being a great sipper with a good ribeye...it kinda disappears into the background..doesn't overpower

But most of the time I want to know I'm drinkin something

SevenSlotSpartan

Alright you whiskey connoisseurs so I'm looking to pick up a decent bottle of scotch as a gift, I was considering the Macallan 12 year because I've heard good things about it and it doesn't exactly break the bank. I'm also considering a couple bourbons; Four Roses SB, Bulleit Bourbon, and Buffalo Trace... What do you think?

CedarRaider

Alright you whiskey connoisseurs so I'm looking to pick up a decent bottle of scotch as a gift, I was considering the Macallan 12 year because I've heard good things about it and it doesn't exactly break the bank. I'm also considering a couple bourbons; Four Roses SB, Bulleit Bourbon, and Buffalo Trace... What do you think?

Four roses and buffalo are both great. Elijah Craig 12 yeas is good too. Angels Envy is another favorite but a little more expensive.

SevenSlotSpartan

Four roses and buffalo are both great. Elijah Craig 12 yeas is good too. Angels Envy is another favorite but a little more expensive.

Appreciate the response CedarRaider! Yeah for myself I'm more of a bourbon guy, or at least for the moment, so that's why I was considering those Bourbons plus I saw a lot of posts giving those whiskies high praises. But as for scotch I'm not that familiar with a lot of them so I got a little lost when looking around! But thanks for the recommendation I'll have to check those out!

Top Bottom