Which winch?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This, is probably one of the most dumb ass f****** remarks that people make.

Since you don’t understand the quote button your whole quote didn’t pull up.

Anyway, what maintenance does engo suggest? They sold a part that was faulty. Their control box allowed water to enter and fry the solenoids. That is not maintenance, that is shot products.

As for you seeing multiple warn issues, I highly doubt it. If so back up what you have with pictures.

There is no maintenance that would have fixed the problem I had. Sure I could have replaced the solenoids with new ones at $35 each (1/3 of the cost of the shit winch) but it would do it again. My Jeep is garage kept and I live in SoCal, we have no rain.

I even found rust and water in the motor when I took it apart. I threw the piece of shot in the trash can.

You can buy shot Chinese parts since you never have a need to use them, but that ship has sailed with me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Everyone bags on foreign products all the time. I'd like to see all the "high" and "low" end winch breaks. If the low end winches...and products are shit then why are so many sold?

Because they are cheap.

You see, it costs more to make stuff here, because we refuse to work for slave wages, like people in China do.

We are cheap bastards when it comes to paying someone else, though. That’s why the manufacturing industry is dead, in the USA. Most people wouldn’t pay even $5.00 more, for a USA made tool.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Since you don’t understand the quote button your whole quote didn’t pull up.

Anyway, what maintenance does engo suggest? They sold a part that was faulty. Their control box allowed water to enter and fry the solenoids. That is not maintenance, that is shot products.

As for you seeing multiple warn issues, I highly doubt it. If so back up what you have with pictures.

There is no maintenance that would have fixed the problem I had. Sure I could have replaced the solenoids with new ones at $35 each (1/3 of the cost of the shit winch) but it would do it again. My Jeep is garage kept and I live in SoCal, we have no rain.

I even found rust and water in the motor when I took it apart. I threw the piece of shot in the trash can.

You can buy shot Chinese parts since you never have a need to use them, but that ship has sailed with me.

Yo fucker I understand the quote button. I wuz driving!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Because they are cheap.

You see, it costs more to make stuff here, because we refuse to work for slave wages, like people in China do.

We are cheap bastards when it comes to paying someone else, though. That’s why the manufacturing industry is dead, in the USA. Most people wouldn’t pay even $5.00 more, for a USA made tool.

I get that shit. Warn is even producing Chinese winches as well

jdofmemi

The cheap ones may work for some, who are going to pull a tree out of the road, or stuck to the bottom of the axle in some mud, but if you are in a place like OverlanderJK's pictures, or worse, I don't want to wonder if this is the day that the cheap winch gives out.

About 75% of my wheeling has been by myself, and more than I care to remember in places where hiking out might take days.

I know, bad decisions, but because I was prepared and equipped with the right stuff, I was always able to get back. Most of these trips were before cell phones that worked, and the pics I had were disposable camera type. Many are lost, or I would post them up.

When in places like I have been, I want to have the piece of mind that the winch on my rig is going to work, because it was built by people who care about things like that

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The cheap ones may work for some, who are going to pull a tree out of the road, or stuck to the bottom of the axle in some mud, but if you are in a place like OverlanderJK's pictures, or worse, I don't want to wonder if this is the day that the cheap winch gives out.

About 75% of my wheeling has been by myself, and more than I care to remember in places where hiking out might take days.

I know, bad decisions, but because I was prepared and equipped with the right stuff, I was always able to get back. Most of these trips were before cell phones that worked, and the pics I had were disposable camera type. Many are lost, or I would post them up.

When in places like I have been, I want to have the piece of mind that the winch on my rig is going to work, because it was built by people who care about things like that

Exactly! Hell I care less about the winch in the pictures I posted since I was with other people that had quality warns. When I am out by myself in Death or somewhere else miles and miles away from anyone (50+ at times) that’s when o need a working winch.

Now that I'm back from taking a trout and wiping my ass....fuck you!

I was being serious. Have you ever had an American made product be inferior to a Chinese product?

All I’m doing is throwing the same question you asked back to you. Just framed differently. But it’s okay. You can respond with “fuck you” again to show us how good you communicate.

Top Bottom