Which Game Camera

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Solar panel has it's own lithium battery pack inside of it. You could run the camera with the solar panel and no batteries inside the camera itself. My camera with the solar panel has cheap alkaline batteries inside the camera itself just as a backup in case it's cloudy for days at a time and the solar pack doesn't recharge.

The solar panel should work just fine. Also on the app, you can see the battery life for each camera which is very cool.

The HME one has a 12v rechargeable battery in it. Supposedly this lasts a very long time. And the 12v battery is like 20 bucks when you have to replace it which is pretty cheap for that long of battery life.

I'll keep you up to date on my solar one as I own it longer.
Okay, thank you, that is very helpful. My biggest concern is whether or not it'll even work for me being that I have no Verizon service where I want to use it but told by a local that there is some ATT. Hoping that is the case and so long as I can just sign up for a month to test it out, that is a big plus. The other concern I had was battery life being that it gets stupid cold in the winter and that always kills them. I think I'll opt for the rechargeable lithium battery as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to be a bother but I do have another question and it's in regards to setting up the cam on the property. The the cam have a screen or something you can view to see if it's pointing at what you're wanting to see? I assume you can use the app to do this but will it only work IF you have cell service?

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry to be a bother but I do have another question and it's in regards to setting up the cam on the property. The the cam have a screen or something you can view to see if it's pointing at what you're wanting to see? I assume you can use the app to do this but will it only work IF you have cell service?
No worries at all. I had so many questions as well. This particular camera (unlike many others) does have a screen on the camera. You can see right where it's pointing and even send test pictures while you're setting it up. The red line is where it's recommended to aim at.

f5fb9cb1-67fc-4dd2-965a-579963a6e0f7.91ec7a7ce02077e846fda862e57ecc3d.jpeg Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.34.31 PM.png

WJCO

Meme King
I forgot to mention the flash cannot be seen by humans or animals as well which is discreet.

Here's a fairly short video of setup, etc. there are longer ones you can find if interested.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot to mention the flash cannot be seen by humans or animals as well which is discreet.

Here's a fairly short video of setup, etc. there are longer ones you can find if interested.

Awesome! Gonna try and go to Bass Pro today :)

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome! Gonna try and go to Bass Pro today :)
Lol. I should start working for Tactacam. Good luck finding everything you need. I think it's a pretty cool setup.

If you have trouble scanning the qr code, you can take a picture of it and blow it up bigger on a desktop screen. I had that issue and a thread online recommended that and it worked.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. I should start working for Tactacam. Good luck finding everything you need. I think it's a pretty cool setup.
LOL - I just looked up my local store and see that they have the cam but not the solar panel. I see that they have ones made by other companies though. Safe to say they all pretty much will work or is it best to stick with the same brand?

They don't have the one you posted up but I see they have this HME
Screenshot 2023-12-17 094841.png

WJCO

Meme King
LOL - I just looked up my local store and see that they have the cam but not the solar panel. I see that they have ones made by other companies though. Safe to say they all pretty much will work or is it best to stick with the same brand?

They don't have the one you posted up but I see they have this HME
View attachment 399411
Even the HME battery one I found required an adapter for the cord, but hell bass pro may carry that. I'm not sure.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have been eyeing the reveal for a while but can’t get myself to pull the trigger. If I had a hog problem I would probably buy it but I have to go out and put feed out anyway so I don’t mind the SIM card route. Is it a bit more of a pain now that I have it set up 1/4 mile away but the walking doesn’t hurt.

I just put the cameras in new spots. I’ll pull the cards in a couple days and see what we get.

WJCO

Meme King
I have been eyeing the reveal for a while but can’t get myself to pull the trigger. If I had a hog problem I would probably buy it but I have to go out and put feed out anyway so I don’t mind the SIM card route. Is it a bit more of a pain now that I have it set up 1/4 mile away but the walking doesn’t hurt.

I just put the cameras in new spots. I’ll pull the cards in a couple days and see what we get.
I initially dismissed cellular ones all together because of the extra cost but then more and more I realized the convenience for me may be worth it. It will be great for year round scouting without having to drive/hike back out to spots.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I initially dismissed cellular ones all together because of the extra cost but then more and more I realized the convenience for me may be worth it. It will be great for year round scouting without having to drive/hike back out to spots.
Yeah but exercise won’t kill me and the ones I have bought were $50 but are on sale right now for like $37. That’s a lot of those to equal the cost of the cellular one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you have trouble scanning the qr code, you can take a picture of it and blow it up bigger on a desktop screen. I had that issue and a thread online recommended that and it worked.
Well, I went to Bass Pro yesterday and bought the Tactacam Reveal X Pro starter pack but they didn't have the matching solar panel. So, I bought a Moultrie Universal 10w panel and it came with the adapter I needed to make it work. Charged up everything and so far so good. Looking forward to putting it out and seeing what it sees. Just hoping we have enough ATT service out there.

Top Bottom