Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Camping above the clouds in the Los Padres National Park south of Big Sur, CA.

Tested out a new item: the Slumberjack Roadhouse awning. I really like the versatility of it, there are a few modifications I want to make, and a few additions. Overall it was a great buy, especially considering how inexpensive it is.

8D444A62-9ACE-44FE-989D-25FD74FF2B51.jpeg 28EBCB04-7E4F-418E-A0A3-67555A282830.jpeg 37671ECD-04A6-4B00-94B1-E1C684481EC0.jpeg BE96CBB3-597A-4783-A224-2EC76DB06C11.jpeg 4A46AD1D-444F-46B0-9AFB-6CA120AE58A9.jpeg

wjtstudios

Hooked

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Went up near Iydllwild / Pine Cove CA Today. Came down a trail called Indian Mountain. Was pretty surprised at how rutted this was. There were some pucker moments. Photos don't show the depth, slope and some serious off camber shit. Oh and lots of trail pruning.
Anyway finally had a chance to stretch out the new set up.

Bought this cheap Machete awhile back. Now I no why it was so cheap. haha Didn't hit the ground once just trail brush.

20210722_222048.jpg
120210722_123130.jpg
20210722_123229.jpg
20210722_162309.jpg

Ran into this guy too. Got a cool video of him but I don't know how to load it.
20210722_170227.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Went up near Iydllwild / Pine Cove CA Today. Came down a trail called Indian Mountain. Was pretty surprised at how rutted this was. There were some pucker moments. Photos don't show the depth, slope and some serious off camber shit. Oh and lots of trail pruning.

Bought this cheap Machete awhile back. Now I no why it was so cheap. haha Didn't hit the ground once just trail brush.

View attachment 365294
View attachment 365295
View attachment 365296
View attachment 365297

View attachment 365298
You’ll need to upload it on YouTube and then copy the link back to the post.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Camping above the clouds in the Los Padres National Park south of Big Sur, CA.

Tested out a new item: the Slumberjack Roadhouse awning. I really like the versatility of it, there are a few modifications I want to make, and a few additions. Overall it was a great buy, especially considering how inexpensive it is.

View attachment 365230 View attachment 365231 View attachment 365232 View attachment 365234 View attachment 365235

That’s cool.. how does it attach to the Jeep?

TrailHunter

Hooked

View attachment 365294
View attachment 365295
View attachment 365296
View attachment 365297

View attachment 365298

I was going to explore a trail (maybe it was that one) last time I was up there... but the weather wasn’t great.

Jsouder53

Hooked

View attachment 365294
View attachment 365295
View attachment 365296
View attachment 365297

View attachment 365298
looks like a cool area!

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
That’s cool.. how does it attach to the Jeep?
9FD4CF8B-6209-4300-ABEC-2B9F4B0F9357.jpeg
Pardon the attempt at an artsy photo; but it shows the buckle & strap arrangement there by the rear wheel. There are two long straps with buckles at the two corners by the Jeep that you can attach to the wheel or rock slider. There are 3 short straps with buckles on the top of the tarp that you can use if you have a roof rack. The only change I would make would be to use a cinch/guy line on the center buckle running to the front bumper/footman loop so the whole assembly doesn’t slide rearward in relation to the Jeep. There are plenty of guy lines to set up the tent in the awning configuration or an A-frame type setup.

TrailHunter

Hooked
View attachment 365307
Pardon the attempt at an artsy photo; but it shows the buckle & strap arrangement there by the rear wheel. There are two long straps with buckles at the two corners by the Jeep that you can attach to the wheel or rock slider. There are 3 short straps with buckles on the top of the tarp that you can use if you have a roof rack. The only change I would make would be to use a cinch/guy line on the center buckle running to the front bumper/footman loop so the whole assembly doesn’t slide rearward in relation to the Jeep. There are plenty of guy lines to set up the tent in the awning configuration or an A-frame type setup.

Ha.. yeah Great shot! The previous ones too... I really like that setup... I’m sure you could loop some paracord across the back, then midspan off that to the front of the Jeep.... or to a strap around the hardtop through the rear doors.. Tell me if I’m wrong, but it looks like you could pull the Jeep out and secure it to the ground if needed... then when you get back to camp reattach it to the Jeep? Great option for some shade... gonna look into this. 👍🏽

CalSgt

Hooked
Great pics!Looks like a great time!
Looks like a amazing time
Thanks… just the piece of the trail we did was more challenging than Rubicon, I really want to do the whole trail from bottom to top now. Hopefully next time it won’t be so Smokey, couldn’t really see much or enjoy the views. Meadow Lake was also nearly empty , I was told they are working on one of the dams and drained it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks… just the piece of the trail we did was more challenging than Rubicon, I really want to do the whole trail from bottom to top now. Hopefully next time it won’t be so Smokey, couldn’t really see much or enjoy the views. Meadow Lake was also nearly empty , I was told they are working on one of the dams and drained it.
I think the dam project is like a three year project. This being year two. You ran the meat and potatoes of the trail. The rest is decent but you ran the tough parts.

Top Bottom