Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Ddays

Hooked
Bring ear plugs. Those jet cars are LOUD as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They had two jet funny cars and a jet dragster Friday night. Cool as hell. They sure do scream, but there isn't anything like the nitro cars. They literally shake your eyeballs. :crazyeyes:
Any person that appreciates motorsports HAS to see the Nitro class run under the lights at least once in their lifetime. There is nothing else like it.

RCVRY

They had two jet funny cars and a jet dragster Friday night. Cool as hell. They sure do scream, but there isn't anything like the nitro cars. They literally shake your eyeballs. :crazyeyes:
Any person that appreciates motorsports HAS to see the Nitro class run under the lights at least once in their lifetime. There is nothing else like it.

Top fuel’s a good time. Wicked fast.

longarmwj

Pretty sure they’re running nitro Saturday too. Could be wrong. But I’m pumped for the jet cars

Slimebones

Agreed. A MUST DO at least once in your life. And as an added bonus, you can hang out in the pits and watch them completely tear down and reassemble the engines in a remarkably short period of time. Awesome experience.

Ddays

Hooked
Pretty sure they’re running nitro Saturday too. Could be wrong. But I’m pumped for the jet cars

Not throwing shade at all at the jet cars, but if you've never seen a Nitro car you're in for a treat. The jet cars don't accelerate anywhere near what a Top Fuel car does. Theoretically a jet car will have a higher top speed given a longer distance, but they have a more progressive acceleration curve. In quarter mile they just don't have enough room to come anywhere their potential top end. They're spectacular as hell, just not enough room to reach full potential. Share some pics when you get back!

Ddays

Hooked
Agreed. A MUST DO at least once in your life. And as an added bonus, you can hang out in the pits and watch them completely tear down and reassemble the engines in a remarkably short period of time. Awesome experience.

LOL, every time I go to the races when I hear them starting engines it's all I can do to stop myself from running to get in faster. My wife just rolls her eyes anymore and tells me to go! Been like that since I was a kid. Lifelong nitro junkie. :rolleyes2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Annual trip to the Summit Nationals in Norwalk, Oh.

Here's some cubic dollars lined up!

View attachment 329577

View attachment 329579

Pro Mods have some of the best looking cars there

View attachment 329578

Factory Stock is insane. Last year the Drag Pak Challengers were top dogs. This year the Cobra Jet Mustangs were well above the rest of the pack.
Low ET was a '19 Mustang at 7:87 @ 179 mph. In a factory bought car. With a full dash. :crazyeyes:

This Challenger was gorgeous with a throwback Sox & Martin 70's paint scheme

View attachment 329580

Did you see my dad? Lol

RCVRY

LOL, every time I go to the races when I hear them starting engines it's all I can do to stop myself from running to get in faster. My wife just rolls her eyes anymore and tells me to go! Been like that since I was a kid. Lifelong nitro junkie. :rolleyes2:

I’ll never forget my first race: rode in the bed of my friends dads El Camino from Lafayette to (I think) Baton Rouge for Super Chevy Sunday in the eighties. Really good time!
Then when they opened Rt. 66 Raceway in Joliet a few miles from my house I was hooked all over again. Haven’t been in almost a decade but should definitely make my way back. Joliet has one of the fastest tracks in all of Nationals.
And I’m still a huge fan of El Caminos. Especially the ‘66.

Zstairlessone

Got to spend some time watching funny cars about 10 feet from the wall when I was a kid, once you feel your bones shaking inside you’re hooked for life

Ddays

Hooked
Got to spend some time watching funny cars about 10 feet from the wall when I was a kid, once you feel your bones shaking inside you’re hooked for life

Right? I was 8 first time I went to the races back in the mid 70's. Being in the pits still feels the same as it did back then. Sure there are more sponsor tents than back then, but its still as accessible to everyone like it's always been. LOL, we camped in the lots by the tracks and boy did I get an education :brows:

Zstairlessone

View attachment 329885
View attachment 329886
View attachment 329887
View attachment 329888
View attachment 329889
View attachment 329890
View attachment 329891
View attachment 329892
View attachment 329893

Speaking of drag racing, my Jeep took me to Night of Fire. Nitro, top fuel, pro stock, top alcohol, pro mod, and jet cars. Did I mention fireworks?

Awesome night!

Top Bottom