Wheel stud replacement

YahooEarth

I know everyone has been losing sleep over my issue, but don't worry, I got it all figured out today.

A combination of all the tips. Stud in the freezer, and (no washers) a combination wrench as a spacer for my open lug nut to do its magic. Took a whopping 10 minutes.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Michael

StrizzyChris

A combination of all the tips. Stud in the freezer, and (no washers) a combination wrench as a spacer for my open lug nut to do its magic. Took a whopping 10 minutes.

But did you use your hands like SWRubi mentioned or did you use your mouth to make it swell up and seal in place? :idontknow:

SaddleTramp

Good to see you got it figured out but for future reference, the front and rear studs have different sizes at the splines. I can't remember but I think the fronts are the slightly larger, at least they are on a 2014 Rubi, ;-).

Fronts at the dealer are packaged individually and were like $18 a piece. Rears were loose in a bin and about $2 a piece.

Apparently the slightly larger splines and a small plastic bag constitutes a $16 difference, ;-).

noroad

Good to see you got it figured out but for future reference, the front and rear studs have different sizes at the splines. I can't remember but I think the fronts are the slightly larger, at least they are on a 2014 Rubi, ;-).

Fronts at the dealer are packaged individually and were like $18 a piece. Rears were loose in a bin and about $2 a piece.

Apparently the slightly larger splines and a small plastic bag constitutes a $16 difference, ;-).

sounds like a jeep part lol

Top Bottom