Wheel spacer question

Tigereye10

Just had a quick question on some wheel spacers, first part is what size should I go with, I've seen a few different sizes and not sure which to go with, that being said I plan on running with the stock 17" rims and want to run 35" Trail Grapplers with a 2.5" lift. Second part being in Ohio with tons of salt and crap on the road in the winter what brand would ya'll recommend I buy (spidertrax, poison spyder, ect)?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would only run spidertrax. They are the best and strongest out there. For size they only have a 1.25" spacer which will be enough for you to run the 35's with very little to no rubbing at all.

Edit- I ment 1.5" not 1.25". My fault

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I run 1.5 inch spydertrax spacers. No lift and 285s for now. Even with the smaller tires I think the spacers make it look a lot better.

Tigereye10

Sounds good, that's what I was planning on, figured I would double check first though, thanks for the info :thumb:

JKFlyer

I want to get these as well to widen my stance as my wheels have 5" back spacing.... but I hear they can fail ( even spidertrax) and studs can strip and they can crack...

Any thoughts if dangerous?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ive run them on 3 of my rigs and ive never have a problem. They are by far the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dunstan74

As long as you torque them correctly and check them regularly you wont have any issues running spacers.

JKFlyer

Thx guys. Can u inspect visually or do u need to take wheels/tires off?

gleno99

Thx guys. Can u inspect visually or do u need to take wheels/tires off?

I've had my spidertrax on for 20k miles. I just rotate my own tires and check the torque on the spacers at the same time. You have to take the wheels off to check the torque to answer your question.

JKFlyer

I've had my spidertrax on for 20k miles. I just rotate my own tires and check the torque on the spacers at the same time. You have to take the wheels off to check the torque to answer your question.

Thx. Makes sense

Tigereye10

Thought of another question about these, (got some shipped and on the way) Should I just torque them down like the tires(what torque) or should I put a dab of loctite on the lugs for the spacers?

StrizzyChris

Thought of another question about these, (got some shipped and on the way) Should I just torque them down like the tires(what torque) or should I put a dab of loctite on the lugs for the spacers?

It gives you torque specs with the spacers, but I always torque my lugs for every vehicle to 90. You do want to use red locktight on the inner lugs for the spacer.

Tigereye10

It gives you torque specs with the spacers, but I always torque my lugs for every vehicle to 90. You do want to use red locktight on the inner lugs for the spacer.

I bought them off someone on here, so I wasnt sure if he still had the instructions or not, which is why I asked. Thanks for the answers :)

Top Bottom