Whats involved in a SD 1 ton swap?

=/=

I see there are weld on truss adapters available now. I was thinking about having a set of those welded on to some SD axles I see for sale but then that leaves a lot of other details like brakes, ABS sensors, etc.

Is there a write up or post anywhere showing this for the JT. The rear end is a bit different than the wrangler.

WJCO

Meme King
I see there are weld on truss adapters available now. I was thinking about having a set of those welded on to some SD axles I see for sale but then that leaves a lot of other details like brakes, ABS sensors, etc.

Is there a write up or post anywhere showing this for the JT. The rear end is a bit different than the wrangler.
Anything is possible with a torch/plasma and a welder. Time and money. Pretty sure there are threads on here for doing it on a JK. JT would likely be similar.

I’m in the process of doing this for the 3rd time, now on my own JK. Artec has the best swap kits on the market IMO especially for the JT. Depending on what axles you’re looking at for the rear, some present different issues than others. The front is gonna be almost the same as the JK with a few slight exceptions. Feel free to PM me anytime with questions. Happy to offer any advice or answer any questions.

Top Bottom