What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Yeah I was meaning more of just buying. Not really trading anything in. That's what I did when I bought my 2014. Well let me rephrase that, I traded in my 2008 on it and I got what I paid for it a year prior basically. Only lost about $500 so it was basically a wash and was like I was buying out right.

I think jeeps are great financial investments. One of a few vehicles that hold their value exceptionally well. Brand new ones around me are going for a few thousand more than used ones with 50k miles on them. It's crazy people are selling them for this kind of money used, and they don't seem to last very long. Those prices, I'd rather just buy new.

Sorry, missed my sarcasm. Jeeps do hold their value extremely well for the modern vehicle. I was referring to the fact that once you buy one, you tend to want more and more for it, and that can get expensive:)

Great thread.

I think Sharkey threw out an answer on what sizes the jeep needs versus carrying an entire tool set. I have an interest in that topic too. Lets flesh that out some more.

My addition, is dont forget securing all of the stuff you are carrying. Last thing you want is someone taking a bag of tools, or an ax, to the head when you roll or even just have bump up an obstacle.

I like the hard deck covers, storage drawyers, and other secured hard storage ideas. I use the heck out of bags, 550 cord, and straps.

This is a few times that I've seen this Tekton brand of wrenches. Are these a good brand to use?

They are alright for the price. As others have mentioned, they are cheap on Amazon and decent enough to leave in the jeep and not care too much if I lose one in a sand storm.

Recovery gear

Today I started a new project... Making sure I have everything I need tool wise to work on the Jeep.

My goal is to figure out what I need to add to my ever growing collection of hand tools.

Funny thing is this pic doesn't show my nut and bolt collection or the miscellaneous spare parts I carry.

View attachment 221322

So let's see what you got! Suggestions for essential tools welcome!!!

I carry 60" high lift with all the accessories, 4-20' endless 10,500' lb straps, 1-30' kinetic recovery rope 28k breaking strength,8-3/4 shackles,2 hd snatch blocks,fire extinguisher,big tool bag weighs 50 lbs, first aid kit,and 10k synthetic winch,4 matrax and a 14k pul-pal,and powertank,no air tools yet😁

I carry 60" high lift with all the accessories, 4-20' endless 10,500' lb straps, 1-30' kinetic recovery rope 28k breaking strength,8-3/4 shackles,2 hd snatch blocks,fire extinguisher,big tool bag weighs 50 lbs, first aid kit,and 10k synthetic winch,4 matrax and a 14k pul-pal,and powertank,no air tools yet[emoji16]

Holy cow, lol. What are you planning on recovering?

Great thread. Having a 2 door, I am limited in what I can carry. Fortunately, I seldom have a passenger, so there is no need for a back seat. As it is my DD, i unload after trips. I use numerous ammo boxes and bags. One thing I did learn is to make sure the items are tied down properly. I also noticed only one individual mentioned duct tape. I carry a large roll. I also carry 4 old style wire hangers. Some times I need something just a bit more sturdier than a zip tie.

JeepFan, have you looked at these?View attachment 221779

They are Bestop bags.

I haven't run across bestop bags before. Awesome how youve organized your cargo area. What do you keep in them. I may have to give a closer look. :thumbup:

Great thread. Having a 2 door, I am limited in what I can carry. Fortunately, I seldom have a passenger, so there is no need for a back seat. As it is my DD, i unload after trips. I use numerous ammo boxes and bags. One thing I did learn is to make sure the items are tied down properly. I also noticed only one individual mentioned duct tape. I carry a large roll. I also carry 4 old style wire hangers. Some times I need something just a bit more sturdier than a zip tie.

Sounds like you have a good system going. Any pics?

If you carry extra fuel, don't forget the safety siphon! Pick this one up from Amazon for $10.

Attachments

• 1473381933292.jpg
    1473381933292.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 382
Guys... This is dangerous.... I'm debating between groceries and tools tomorrow... The budget can accommodate both but definitely not with a 50/50 ratio...

Who am I kidding...I'm gonna do all the tool shops for at least a decent ratchet set.

My kit is basically a "good luck strap" that's 30 years old given to me from ages ago. A recovery strap 20' 30k lbs(I think ) a couple d rings, some rope for camping. One wrench for the damn sway bar . Some quick fire starters. The ratchetset I had died this weekend....

Mind you, I don't wheel as hard as some. But I'm more of a be ready for the worst type of guy.

Wife's gonna hate me tomorrow.....

May the jeep gods bestow their patience unto the soul of the wife as to forgive from our wonderous obsession with being trail ready

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473411329.235714.jpg
Might seem strange, but this is a great tool to carry. Ensure its properly labeled for water only. But, if you get into some serious muck, it will be essential for cleaning off the glass so you can see (Good idea to carry a squeegee too). Cleaning off wheels or parts that need trail maintenance. Washing hands, pets, kids, etc etc. It will always come in quite handy.

Top Bottom