whats a commen JK problem

The 2014 and 2015 Pentastar 3.6 engine, now has a different oil cooler housing. It also takes a different oil filter.

Modul_Pentastar oil filter housing.jpg

^^^This is a picture of the oil cooler housing, that is used on the 3.6 engine. This picture is 2013 and prior.
The updated one for 2014 and 2015 have been cracking, and loosing oil. Some of the problem has been caused by over torquing the oil filter cap. The correct torque is 18 ft lbs., with the O'RING lubricated with oil.
Some have cracked in other area's not related to the cap torque. This is just a FYI, 2014, 2015 applicable!!!!! A very serious issue when it happens. But so far only a small percentage have had this issue.

Another issue is the oil pressure switches have been failing. This engine has a two stage oil pump. When the switch fails, the pump is locked into the high stage.
To change this switch requires removing the intake manifold. It's about a 4 hour job. FYI

I'm in the same boat with the money running out pay day cant come fast enough haha

Money whats that? I own a Jeep I have no money, The Jeep accessories store has all my money. And the little I have left over goes to the gas tank in my not so great on gas Jeep.

Hi I am broke but God I love my Jeep!!!

But seriosly

I can understand the question because you can read a lot of bad things about the jk wrangler. Especially on youtube and on forums. It is called piece of shit, good for nothing, unreliability and so on. Some people also claim the jeep to be bad off road and have limit capabilities. The toyota´s are so much better, land rover kick it as and so on. The axles are weak. There are so many statements it is impossible to write them all down.

Personally I´ve not had one single problem. I´ve have a 2012 jku Saharah that works and function perfect. Well, it only has been in traffic for a little more than twp years and only have 37 000 km on it but so far not one single problem. Before I had a Toyota Rav4 ( what a rattlebox that was ) and we all know how "good" toyotas are. But in the first three years they had to switch out all the doorlocks and also fix a leaking rearaxle. The rear axle start to leak after about 29 000 km. Some years later the doorlock system start to fail again. But to be honest nothing else ever went wrong on that car and I sold it about a half year ago. By then I had driven that car about 169 000 km with no issue. Have no idea if my jeep will do that but so far it is looking good.

I think actually that most people who says that jeep wrangler is POS actullay do not own one and maybee have never even drive one. One problem I guess i heavily modification ( sometimes in a bad way) and on top you put heavy off roading. With that I guess a lot can break and go wrong and maybee that´s why so many call it a crapcar.

Personaly I love my jeep and found it to be a very good car. One funny thing is that all my friends that have tried my jeep are all very surprised how nice and quiet it is. They thought it was going to be loud and very uncomfortable. So maybee there is a lot of preconceptions about the wrangler jk.

Best Regards
Chris

There was the problem with the fuel bottlenecking in the inlet and splashing out but there was a recall on it for the 3.8L that plus I have had the tragic death wobble and oil leaks from somewhere up high on my engine, anyone else run into the oil issue?

The most common problem I know if is when people are removing their doors, they unhook the tether strap too soon and this allows the door to swing open too far. This causes the mirror to hit the cowl and put a dent in it :crazyeyes: :D

Done that! Hahaha. Adds some character though :p

The fuel gauge drops from F to E kinda fast. Lol

Can easily distract you from doing most other things in life

Leaky front axle seals

Steering clunk

That's all I can think of I'm pre 3.6....

165,000km on my 08 happy happy

But seriosly

I can understand the question because you can read a lot of bad things about the jk wrangler. Especially on youtube and on forums. It is called piece of shit, good for nothing, unreliability and so on. Some people also claim the jeep to be bad off road and have limit capabilities. The toyota´s are so much better, land rover kick it as and so on. The axles are weak. There are so many statements it is impossible to write them all down.

Personally I´ve not had one single problem. I´ve have a 2012 jku Saharah that works and function perfect. Well, it only has been in traffic for a little more than twp years and only have 37 000 km on it but so far not one single problem. Before I had a Toyota Rav4 ( what a rattlebox that was ) and we all know how "good" toyotas are. But in the first three years they had to switch out all the doorlocks and also fix a leaking rearaxle. The rear axle start to leak after about 29 000 km. Some years later the doorlock system start to fail again. But to be honest nothing else ever went wrong on that car and I sold it about a half year ago. By then I had driven that car about 169 000 km with no issue. Have no idea if my jeep will do that but so far it is looking good.

I think actually that most people who says that jeep wrangler is POS actullay do not own one and maybee have never even drive one. One problem I guess i heavily modification ( sometimes in a bad way) and on top you put heavy off roading. With that I guess a lot can break and go wrong and maybee that´s why so many call it a crapcar.

Personaly I love my jeep and found it to be a very good car. One funny thing is that all my friends that have tried my jeep are all very surprised how nice and quiet it is. They thought it was going to be loud and very uncomfortable. So maybee there is a lot of preconceptions about the wrangler jk.

Best Regards
Chris

Thanks Chris

Ive heard a lot from the haters out there haha the funny thing is I use to be one of them then I started reading up on the JK and seen how well they were off road straight off the lot they are a very capable rig

Leaky roofs, grinding/squeaky water pumps (due to casting sand), clicking lifters/valves, jumping out of gear manual transmissions, horrendous fit and finish, circa 1999 navigation units, leather seats that split seams and wear out in a year, stiff as a board non reclining rear seat,

Should I continue?

However what's the alternative? A Prius? Exactly.....

The first thing i didn't like about mine were the stock lights, tossed them once i had a few extra $$'s. Other than that have had no issues with mine for the last 3+ years. Reliable in bad weather, never got stuck, it'll get you to where you have to go, thats comfort that a Jeep gives you

G'day fellow Jeep drivers I've just bought my first Jeep and have heard a lot of bad things about them but none the lease I like my jeep.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hands down, 100%, most common problems with the JK we see is the new owner leaving the dealership without knowledge of how their transfer case works, lockers work, sway bar disco works, etc.

People pay tens of thousands of dollars and don't make the salesman do their job at all. Then again, how many dealership salesmen know how to demonstrate a Wrangler's options?

The most common problem I know if is when people are removing their doors, they unhook the tether strap too soon and this allows the door to swing open too far. This causes the mirror to hit the cowl and put a dent in it :crazyeyes: :D

Dammit Eddie, you are so right lol. I didnt even realize it had happened until the other day I looked at my passenger side cowl and its got a pretty sweet dent.

transfercase

Hands down, 100%, most common problems with the JK we see is the new owner leaving the dealership without knowledge of how their transfer case works, lockers work, sway bar disco works, etc.

People pay tens of thousands of dollars and don't make the salesman do their job at all. Then again, how many dealership salesmen know how to demonstrate a Wrangler's options?

What do you mean by the transfer case im not to sure about Jeep drive lines. I have a diff locker in my Amarok there pretty simple but don't have them for the JK yet and I have manual sway bar disconnects for my JK

Top Bottom