What would you do?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
The road to work is closed.
There are two routes that are probably the same driving time wise.
One Paved
One Half Paved (water crossing)
I picked the dirt or sandy mud.
Just before the last turn to pavement, you run into this.
Do you turn around?
Do you move forward?
20230322_085301.jpg

Jackboeker83

The road to work is closed.
There are two routes that are probably the same driving time wise.
One Paved
One Half Paved (water crossing)
I picked the dirt or sandy mud.
Just before the last turn to pavement, you run into this.
Do you turn around?
Do you move forward?
View attachment 386738
I mean...

Angel: What rig are you in? lift? tires? If you get stuck it doesn't look like there is anything to winch onto.

Devil: SEND IT LIVE!!!!

I would get out and take a close look first. The dirt around the pipe may be undercut and collapse into a big hole as soon as there is any pressure.

The video is said to be "private" so I can't watch it. 😞

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’ve gotten stuck in mud wheeling alone before I had a winch so I would be cautious. Luckily someone came by with a winch, then he went on to show me how it was done and got himself stuck 😂

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Pretend you didn’t see it and keep moving. It’s not like you’re driving a Bronco.
Funny you mention that. Something had fallen on the floor, so I stopped to grab it just before I could see this around the bend. When I took off, I got heavy footed for the turn and all of the sudden, I see it and actually have slam on the brakes.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I turned around, HaHa Just kidding.
No, I went for it. And it did as we all thought it would. Swallowed the front end.
I was thinking if I could get the front end across, I would be ok, it would have but that didn't happen.
Sorry for the mumbling and lack of a lot of other things). Like no video of the actual recovery.
But here is me going in.

No, I went for it. And it did as we all thought it would. Swallowed the front end.
I was thinking if I could get the front end across, I would be ok, it would have but that didn't happen.
Sorry for the mumbling and lack of a lot of other things). Like no video of the actual recovery.
But here is me going in.

Jesus that is much deeper than I originally thought.

onlyone

But here is me going in.
You should never listen to us. We bad influence.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Stacking the rocks sucked, anything big enough that was close was frozen in.
So that's what I did, dropped some rocks to keep the rear tires as high as I could.
Solid winch points were limited.
Sorry I didn't get video of it coming out of the hole.
My Warn 10s had no problem pulling first the rock I had my tree saver and long strap synched up to. seem Like I just popped up and hit the brakes.
My ass end didn't go in when the front went up.
Now I'm stratling this thing on the edge. dropped some pretty good sized rocks for good measure. Started winching and inching forward. Ass end dropped in, and I popped up on the other side.
20230322_094121.jpg
20230322_100642.jpg

Top Bottom