What Will be the 2022 SEMA Show 4X4 of the Year? NOT Bronco!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As always, Cindy and I have been following news coming from SEMA as we get closer to the show and the leading vehicles that represent the best business opportunities for the aftermarket have been considered for an award. That said, I have to say I'm SUPER SURPRISED that Ford Bronco did NOT make the list.

IMG_4164.jpg
IMG_4165.jpg
IMG_4166.jpg

#sema2022

Last edited:
I think the Bronco still has a long ways to go to build up a large enough base to be a serious player. They're nice enough for what they are, but
they seen more of a soccer mom kind of a poser vehicle than a serious offroader.
They’re really excellent at making Starbucks runs on the way to pick up the dry cleaning

I have to say, the only time I saw one on the trail this year was hooked on the end of my winch as I pulled him up a ledge! LOL. We’ve all been there, but the broncos I’ve seen just don’t seem to be that geared for actual off-road use. Like Ddays said, maybe a larger following and aftermarket product line will come as time goes on. One day people will buying kits to solid axle swap and chop into the wheel wells to fit 42s….not me tho

JAGS

Hooked
Ok. I realize it’s not jeep related or even 4x4 related. But I’m really curious to see all that will be showing for the new Nissan Z.

And of course, any refinements to wrangler products or surprise new product launches.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Bronco still has a long ways to go to build up a large enough base to be a serious player. They're nice enough for what they are, but
they seen more of a soccer mom kind of a poser vehicle than a serious offroader.
Well, when it comes to SEMA awards, being a serious off roader isn't really important. The criteria is more about how much aftermarket stuff is or will be made for a vehicle. Last year, Bronco took 4x4 of the year because of it and I should say, rightfully so. That they didn't even make the list this year? That tells me there just isn't a whole lot new if anything at all being made for it now.

Ok. I realize it’s not jeep related or even 4x4 related. But I’m really curious to see all that will be showing for the new Nissan Z.

And of course, any refinements to wrangler products or surprise new product launches.
I used to have a 1990 Nissan 300ZX so naturally a Z fan so also curious about the new one!

kevman65

Hooked
I'll say the Taco takes mid size truck over the JT. There are WAY more Taco's out there than JT's.

The JL doesn't belong in the SUV category, it's NOT an SUV in the sense that ALL the others are. The JL was actually designed to go serious off roading, most SUV's don't stand a chance off the pavement.

jeeeep

Hooked
Top Bottom