What were your first JK mods

Before I knew about jeep forums and the jeep Wayalife my first mod was a 2" skyjacker bb lift, 32" tires, and new wheels. After that was an oil pan skid, winch and front bumper.

Pretty much same here minus the oil pan skid; before forums I went with a Teraflex budget boost, cheap 35" AT tires, procomp wheels that I'm still running, then front bumper.

Went wheeling for the first time while I was waiting for the winch to arrive, and shortly thereafter picked up quick disconnects for the swaybar.

Wayalife windshield decal for sho! Then Evo D ring shackles and Rear Fascia. If I would've known my wife would flip out over spending $ on mods it would've been a front bumper and winch, and then sneak in a leveling kit.

First mods, 07 jku, 3" bds lift, rockstar 18" wheels (if only I would have done a bit of homework first) 34" (approx) Nitto Trail Grapplers, Aries full steel front bumper, 9500 Bulldog winch, Warn Elite rear bumper with tire carrier, sway bar quick disconnects. All ordered while still doing paperwork at the dealership.
Currently, doing upgrade #2.

Cut the long antenna down, lift and after over staying on a trail too long extra lights!

If you're wanting cheap/free mods you can trim your front bumper and fenders, rear seat spacers and trim the antenna. I've done all those for nothing more than my time.

First "mod" was to turn the factory rear view mirror over to increase visibility out the front. Second and third were floor liners and door sill protectors. Then it becomes a blur. :crazyeyes:

I think I saw on Sharkey's build thread where he had used a climbing bolt anchor for a hammock attachment point. I really like that idea.

They work great too. A shot from last weekend.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459879675.359635.jpg

Painted the stock tow hooks red and Wayalife decals. Then the I ripped a hole in my pocket and the money started to pour out each summer. :drowninga:

My first mod to the JKUR was a RC 2.5" Budget boost. I dragged the belly too many times in the first few days of ownership, and needed a little lift. Then I added a light bar, because the modding bug was still itching me. I really don't see spending too much more until it's time for new tires, then it will be 35s and the Enforcer 3". We'll see how that goes. I plan to wheel the crap out of it as is, for the time being.

My first "mod" was to get a tow strap and am now working on paracord grab handles. Next up will be hood latches. Then will be dropping some cash on suspension and tires/ rims.

Bought my 2010 used so some mods were already done...1st for me was quadratec pull Handel's and SRC side armor because I'm short. Then floor mats, new spare tire carrier, 315/70/r17 tires and of course a couple of Wayalife decals.

by 11" receiver tow hook... had to use it to get out of a jam second time out with it. then shorty antenna because the stock one hit everything on the trails...

Then I bought my CB - Great investment right there... use it every time I go out!

I put in a tranny cooler, 7 pin trailer plug, brake controller, Duratracs and headed to Colorado for an elk hunt. All within three days of picking it up.

Top Bottom