What was done to your rig this week?

Finally finished the install for my cargo deck. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456113746.671772.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456113760.488122.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456113770.441155.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456113789.959025.jpg

Next step is to do a write up for the forum.

Thanks to Sharkey for providing the inspiration/springboard for this project.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456114614.871571.jpg
Installed my CB. What a PITA!!! Came out really nice and clean though so I guess taking the whole weekend to do it was worth it. [emoji16]

Out with the old - in with the new

been redoing my front suspension, trimmed the lower control arm brackets to allow the control arms room to move and now I have full droop.

cycled the axle, now I have full up and down with no binding..woohoo!

When I had my PR44 installed the shop did not install the correct track bar bracket. I noticed they had used a BFH to try and make it work with the PSC hydro assist but it was never right.

I noticed the welds on the tabs was starting to give so I removed the old track bar bracket and prepped the new one to get welded on tomorrow :thumb:

Old - I think the force of the ram was also causing it to bend more but not sure:
old TB bracket.jpg

new, ready for the welder :rock:
new TB bracket.jpg

Install a light bar, 20"LED Light, replaced the stock black Jeep logo with a color matched emblem on the grille, added a black one to the back.

Rick
SAM_0003_zps8jebujnu.jpg

P2110072_zpsiof6n0xz.jpg

Turned out nice.

That looks fantastic. Interested to see how you mounted it to the Jeep. Great idea on the LEDs.

That looks really nice! I'm interested in the write up. Great idea with those LEDs.

Agreed! The addition of the LED's is a real nice touch :thumb:

Thanks y'all for the kind words.

Sharkey: the mounting solution was the same as yours. I wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the storage compartment works with the "rear seat recline" blocks. I didn't plan on that and I just sorta lucked out.

Thanks y'all for the kind words.

Sharkey: the mounting solution was the same as yours. I wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the storage compartment works with the "rear seat recline" blocks. I didn't plan on that and I just sorta lucked out.

What blocks are you using? I need to do that mod.

how did the install go? I have my Switch Pros system I need to install.

Super easy once you get the plug threaded through the firewall opening. The plug on the switch panel that mounts in the cabin is too large to fit through either of the firewall openings behind the side panels of the dash. I tried fishing them through 4-5 times on each side and was about to blow my top before I started a thread on here and got some great advice. I brought the plug from the panel that mounts in the engine bay through the fire wall where the rear washer fluid hose enters the cabin, right behind the brake booster on the drivers side. After that, it was smooth sailing. I mounted the panel centered about the rear view mirror. All I have on it now is the ARB twin compressor, but will be having my rear locker installed next week. Now I just need to fill all the other buttons...a large order from inspired engineering for lighting is in the works.

Installed a teraflex budget boost. Was going to use the shock extenders but I broke one of the front shock bolts while removing them, so I upgraded to bilstein 5100s.ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456352011.352872.jpg

Top Bottom