What was done to your rig this week?

hogtyed

I took the carpet out of my 12 JK. I got tired of taking it out every time I had the top down with all the rain that we have been having anyway. Thinking of getting the Weather Guard mats or something like that.

rinkishjk

How was the install? I was looking into them as well for at least the passenger side

Install was easy. The passenger side I had to drill one hole, and through the shock mount and the PSC ram plate that mounts to the shock mount. Easy enough though. Really reinforces the whole shock mount well.

Armydog

FUCK!FUCK!!!

Anybody know Northridge business hours.......

Goddamn it they sent me the wrong fucking driveshaft

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Armydog

Got a 1310 TJ shaft and that won't work, ordered a 1350 TJR driveshaft. FUCK. Should have checked before my goddamn day off..... Please answer the phone.........

FML

mattfl

FUCK!FUCK!!!

Anybody know Northridge business hours.......

Goddamn it they sent me the wrong fucking driveshaft

It's right on their website man

Customer Service Hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm PST

Armydog

FULL DISCLOSURE

first, thanks to members of the framily for responding to me when I ask(ed) dumb questions.

The guys at Northridge called me as soon as they opened up out there on the left coast. They are sending the correct driveshaft out next day to replace the one I have!!!!

I am at fault here as well because I should have checked the part when it was delivered and being a newbie I did not realize it was the incorrect part UNTIL AFTER I had pulled the stock DS and tried to install the new one. DUH!

I see two good things that have come from a frustrating morning...

#1 I've gotten some practice removing and installing a rear driveshaft. Note: add an 8mm and 15mm box end wrench to the in jeep tool kit

#2 Northridge has clearly demonstrated EXACTLY what customer service is supposed to be. To (mis)quote AFN, "that's what right looks like"

Thanks Tim and Eric. You rock

No mods to the jeep but had to mod the garage bit to get it to fit.

Plenty of room! Had to relocate the opener and take the top off
2014-08-15 13.36.34.jpg

Like a glove :rock: I have to back in because the wind shield won't clear, if that gives you an idea of what I had to work with.
2014-08-15 13.37.07.jpg

Finally able to go top less :thumb:
2014-08-15 13.40.58.jpg

2014-08-15 14.22.44.jpg

Armydog

Ajd2207

Got some new feature add ons sounds great looks great and actually saves me on mpg so far not like it really matters but it's a plus ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408155589.590662.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408155614.247122.jpg

StrizzyChris

What is the benefit of doing this?

For most it is not needed. When the axle shifts(with large droop on one side and full stuff on the other in a lifted Jeep) the shock gets close and can sometimes hit the frame. So in the case of this contact, it's purpose is to relocate the shock further outward on the axle to create shock body clearance at the frame.

GeckoGlow

Finished installing the GenRight aluminum tire carrier. Just need to adjust it a bit more and run the wires for lights.

17TCRear_zpsd21ef1ce.jpg

mtnjp

Got a new LoD mid-width bumper

IMG_1529.jpg Pretty happy with it. Looking at some winch options and just got some Rigid LED's too...

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
No mods to the jeep but had to mod the garage bit to get it to fit.

Plenty of room! Had to relocate the opener and take the top off
View attachment 95710

Like a glove :rock: I have to back in because the wind shield won't clear, if that gives you an idea of what I had to work with.
View attachment 95711

Finally able to go top less :thumb:
View attachment 95713

View attachment 95714

Man that is such a nice color! Good news it can fit in the garage now!
But i wonder where you have to put the top if the jeep can barely fit? unless its a soft top

Man that is such a nice color! Good news it can fit in the garage now!
But i wonder where you have to put the top if the jeep can barely fit? unless its a soft top

Height was the issue, depth isn't to bad, I have the top standing vertical on a furniture dolly and I backup my spare tire into the top :brows: I could probably reclaim another foot or two with some clean up. If I ditch the opener I could hoist it to the ceiling. but the landlord frowned upon that :doh: (Apartment life after divorce yay!:rolleyes2:) A few midnight mods and I will be able to get it in with the top on.

The next question is will it fit with a Stinger on the front.

@QuarterPounderOwnersWithStingers - How far is the tip of the stinger from the top of the Grill?

kevinp

New rear UCA/LCA/TB set up!

Basically upgraded my RK 2.5" MT lift to the X-factor in the rear. Pushed the rear axle back a bit. Good stuff!!!

BEFORE

Before1.jpg Before2.jpg Before2.jpg

AFTER

After1.jpg After2.jpg After3.jpg

Looking forward to wheeling it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom