What was done to your rig this week?

JKbrick

Wifey knocked xmas outta the park this year

West Texas Offroad Hydro steer kit. Buddy and I installed it today in about 3 hours. What a huge difference in steering! Can't wait to get out in the rocks with it.

Not sure how to describe this so it makes sense but the clamps on your drag link and tie rod should line up with the cut in the bar so it clamps it correctly. The Ram looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Jeeps looking good, what suspension did you go with.

It is the “my buddy had these parts laying on his garage floor” special. Lol. It’s more to get the Jeep sitting higher so I can get brackets on axle and order driveshaft. Eventually I’ll change it out for a different kit.

BaddestCross

Not sure how to describe this so it makes sense but the clamps on your drag link and tie rod should line up with the cut in the bar so it clamps it correctly. The Ram looks really nice

The bolt on the clamp should be perpendicular to the slots in the bar.
This [emoji3516]

Also, the only clamp that WTO recommends is the one from Carolina Metal Masters. Otherwise, they strongly recommend welding tabs. Just be aware that the ram puts a lot of stress on it and it will have a tendency to slip.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I stalled the EVO No Limits Manual Swaybar Disconnect on my JKU Rubicon. Yup you heard it right. My Swaybar disconnect motor is out of commission and I don’t have time to take it into the dealer to get it fixed. I’m planning on doing a ton of wheeling next week and don’t feel like disconnecting my swaybar links everytime. After installing it I realized this is actually a great part to have in the Jeep in case you’re on a long trip and the swaybar actuator fails which apparently happens often. Simple fix.

IMG_3807.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I stalled the EVO No Limits Manual Swaybar Disconnect on my JKU Rubicon. Yup you heard it right. My Swaybar disconnect motor is out of commission and I don’t have time to take it into the dealer to get it fixed. I’m planning on doing a ton of wheeling next week and don’t feel like disconnecting my swaybar links everytime. After installing it I realized this is actually a great part to have in the Jeep in case you’re on a long trip and the swaybar actuator fails which apparently happens often. Simple fix.

View attachment 339231

Can this be installed in addition to the electronic disconnect .. eg can you set it up so you either disconnect with electric motor or manually ? Or is it either or ?

JKbrick

View attachment 339231

What does everyone do with the huge Fing wiring harness? I don’t get why it takes 24 wires to make this stupid thing work

mattfl

This [emoji3516]

Also, the only clamp that WTO recommends is the one from Carolina Metal Masters. Otherwise, they strongly recommend welding tabs. Just be aware that the ram puts a lot of stress on it and it will have a tendency to slip.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Thanks guys I’ll fix up the clamps.

And interesting about the clamp. First time I’m seeing that type of mount and supposedly this steer smarts clamp is specifically made for a hydro steer setup so we’ll see I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Tall Mike

1)Sealed up a leaking driver side front hard top.
2)Changed out the ricer looking halo headlights from previous owner to JW Speaker in carbon fibre.
3)Added some front Bartact grab handles up front.
4) Changed the motor oil, transfer case, and rear diff to Mobil 1. Rains came before I could get front diff done. Maybe I'll have a shop do the tranny thats going to be messy.. :D

Its been a busy vacation week..... :D

dillard09

Installed a new JFTops hard cover. He had to make a few mods to it to fit for the C pillars and the NX Glide slant back top. So far I dig it. 👍🏿

Attachments

• 20191228_191003.jpg
    20191228_191003.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom