What was done to your rig this week?

Is Prusik cord different then para cord?

Prusik is a knot (truly it's known as a friction hitch) but climbers typically take a length of cord in any diameter (4mm-11mm) and make and endless runner (loop) that's main purpose is used for tying a Prusik knot. Therefore they just refer to it as Prusik cord. Para cord, or properly known as Type III Parachute cord, is a lightweight nylon kernmantle rope originally used in the suspension lines of parachutes. Military guys only say "550 cord" when referring to it though, that's because of its 550lbs breaking strength. Not all para cord is equal though, there are actually six different types: I, IA, II, IIA, III, IV. All have different tensile strengths and all are composed totally different. For example IA and IIA are only a sheath and contain no core strands. The preferred is always the TYPE III.

Tomorrows lesson- How to conduct backwards planning within the scope of the Military Decision Making Process and how to implement the CARVER matrix for bridge destruction.

Prusik is a knot (truly it's known as a friction hitch) but climbers typically take a length of cord in any diameter (4mm-11mm) and make and endless runner (loop) that's main purpose is used for tying a Prusik knot. Therefore they just refer to it as Prusik cord. Para cord, or properly known as Type III Parachute cord, is a lightweight nylon kernmantle rope originally used in the suspension lines of parachutes. Military guys only say "550 cord" when referring to it though, that's because of its 550lbs breaking strength. Not all para cord is equal though, there are actually six different types: I, IA, II, IIA, III, IV. All have different tensile strengths and all are composed totally different. For example IA and IIA are only a sheath and contain no core strands. The preferred is always the TYPE III.

Tomorrows lesson- How to conduct backwards planning within the scope of the Military Decision Making Process and how to implement the CARVER matrix for bridge destruction.

Well I learned something new today :thumbup:

Haha this was interesting to read. I too learned something new today :)

Well that's something. Thanks! Can you explain the basics of the OODA Loop? Haha

I took off the EVO skid to bend it back so it don't touch my exhaust crossover and make my gas pedal vibrate and also repaint them....

Sent via carrier pigeon

Top Bottom