What was done to your rig this week?

jdofmemi

I had a productive day.

First, got the reamer going and reamed out the knuckles for the Exodus tie rod.

Then mounted the five new STT Pros on my Trail Ready beadlocks.

I used some fender washers with the old bolts to hold the bead from jumping out while getting the rest of it into position.

The 1/4" Milwaukee impact is great for getting the beadlock bolts down to where they are ready for the torque wrench. That is a real time saver😁

I still can't believe how much weight was used on the Goodyear MTRs! One wheel had five strips of the stick on weights, each strip about 8 to 10 inches long. I didn't count, and forgot to get a picture until it was too late.

While doing all this, I touched up the paint on the sliders, fender wells, and front bumper.

Got all the tires on and did the alignment. I rolled each tire while it was jacked up and chalked an area all the way around, the used a Sharpie to make a fine line in the chalked area.
This way I am sure where I am measuring to each time.

I have two yard sticks and some spring clamps that work pretty well for doing it by yourself, but found that with two people it was easier to use a regular tape measure

Got interrupted by a shooting a half a block from the house 🤯🤯

Once that drama was done, we test drove the Jeep. Sweet. No balance and no vibration until somewhere between 85 and 90, a very slight balance vibration. Nothing at all to worry about.

Death wobble that had developed due to the bad tie rod end on the Steer Smart was cured by the new tie rod and checking all relevant bolts. Next time a tie rod end wears out, it will be a simple fix.

I did notice that the sector shaft seems to deflect slightly while turning back and forth. It was very slight, but there. The new one is just in time.

Next project will be to install the XDIII big bore box I got from PATRIOTKJM

I wanted to get this wrapped up and tested before tackling the steering box, so I could isolated any problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20190315_205844-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20190315_205844-756x1008.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 174
  • MVIMG_20190317_105734-756x1008.jpg
    MVIMG_20190317_105734-756x1008.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20190317_161248-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20190317_161248-756x1008.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20190317_171629-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190317_171629-1008x756.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 187
  • MVIMG_20190317_171726-1008x756.jpg
    MVIMG_20190317_171726-1008x756.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20190317_161140-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190317_161140-1008x756.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20190317_175752-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190317_175752-1008x756.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 183

jdofmemi

I see this was a popular mod recently. While on R&R had my sliders and C-gussets burned on, Mounted up my new 37" Coopers to my new Machetes (no balance needed) Also loving the fact that my RPM's dropped down to 2300 @ 75mph from 2900 rpm's. and trimmed the pinch seam. Dropped off the new Nemesis Notorious fenders for paint match. A shout out to Zan and ORE for making a little mistake right again. When I arrived home for R&R was going to stop by ORE and pick up my new wheels on the way home. Mistakenly my wheels had been mounted on another customers tires. Zan had my wheels delivered to my door the very next day (Saturday) before 2pm. Thanks again Zan and Off Road Evolution. View attachment 322989 View attachment 322990 View attachment 322991

Looking good 👍

Looks like you will not be doing any trails until the new fenders get on there.

Surprised I haven't seen you around town since you are so close. I'm in Hemet, SW side

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Looking good ��

Looks like you will not be doing any trails until the new fenders get on there.

Surprised I haven't seen you around town since you are so close. I'm in Hemet, SW side

Yea I took it out in Havasu while I was home in Feb. had to be careful on my approaches and angles. Learned real quick that those tires will pop the rear fender off easily. I live over near Hewitt and 7th in San Jacinto. My kids are over off Sanderson and Fruitvale. I'm working in Afghanistan so I'm not home a lot. Defiantly have to get together so you can show me a thing or two. Still a novice but trying to build it like I'm going to use it one day.:thumb:

jdofmemi

Yea I took it out in Havasu while I was home in Feb. had to be careful on my approaches and angles. Learned real quick that those tires will pop the rear fender off easily. I live over near Hewitt and 7th in San Jacinto. My kids are over off Sanderson and Fruitvale. I'm working in Afghanistan so I'm not home a lot. Defiantly have to get together so you can show me a thing or two. Still a novice but trying to build it like I'm going to use it one day.:thumb:

Be glad to show you what I know. I'm no expert, but have been around a bit.

Let me know when you are available, we can hit some trails.
Also, keep an eye on the SoCal group page
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/50198-SoCal-Group

jdofmemi

Damn, you guys were busy... I added a quart of oil and refilled the windshield washer fluid that I went through because of all the fucking butterflies this week. 😳

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Hey, if you don't have enough to do....

All the runs I've been on have taken a toll. Now I have a transmission cross member to change, a steering box to install, a radiator, and I'm sure a few more I have forgotten, and that's just on my JK, plus I have a lift for the little woman's JL to get on, and tires.

BaddestCross

Hey, if you don't have enough to do....

All the runs I've been on have taken a toll. Now I have a transmission cross member to change, a steering box to install, a radiator, and I'm sure a few more I have forgotten, and that's just on my JK, plus I have a lift for the little woman's JL to get on, and tires.
Lol. If you need a hand next weekend I may be free to help. I'm a pro at drinking and eating pizza. 😂🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug
Installed rear seat recline kit from Innovative JK Products. Should make the drive to Moab comfier for my kids.

Installed a new EGR valve. One less dash light.

Tested out some Quadratec removable A pillar mirrors. Now I can go doorless when the weather permits.

Wanted to install the soft top, but ran out of time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

Finally put some decent shocks on. Went with RS9000 to pair them with my plush rides. I have the setting at 1 right now and totally love the Cadillac feel

IMG_1821.JPG IMG_1817.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

I had a productive day.

First, got the reamer going and reamed out the knuckles for the Exodus tie rod.

I used some fender washers with the old bolts to hold the bead from jumping out while getting the rest of it into position.

The 1/4" Milwaukee impact is great for getting the beadlock bolts down to where they are ready for the torque wrench. That is a real time saver😁

I still can't believe how much weight was used on the Goodyear MTRs! One wheel had five strips of the stick on weights, each strip about 8 to 10 inches long. I didn't count, and forgot to get a picture until it was too late.

While doing all this, I touched up the paint on the sliders, fender wells, and front bumper.

Got all the tires on and did the alignment. I rolled each tire while it was jacked up and chalked an area all the way around, the used a Sharpie to make a fine line in the chalked area.
This way I am sure where I am measuring to each time.

I have two yard sticks and some spring clamps that work pretty well for doing it by yourself, but found that with two people it was easier to use a regular tape measure

Got interrupted by a shooting a half a block from the house 🤯🤯

Once that drama was done, we test drove the Jeep. Sweet. No balance and no vibration until somewhere between 85 and 90, a very slight balance vibration. Nothing at all to worry about.

Death wobble that had developed due to the bad tie rod end on the Steer Smart was cured by the new tie rod and checking all relevant bolts. Next time a tie rod end wears out, it will be a simple fix.

I did notice that the sector shaft seems to deflect slightly while turning back and forth. It was very slight, but there. The new one is just in time.

Next project will be to install the XDIII big bore box I got from PATRIOTKJM

I wanted to get this wrapped up and tested before tackling the steering box, so I could isolated any problems.
Sounds like a busy day. You sure got a lot done. I didn't get anything productive done. Just checking delivery status every half hour for everything that's on order.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

I had a productive day.

ok, this is genius stuff. will have to remember that when it's time to replace my tires.

jdofmemi

ok, this is genius stuff. will have to remember that when it's time to replace my tires.

After the first time of nearly getting it right, only for the other side to pop up just as the side you are working on falls into place, I said to myself there has to be a better way.

After the first one, I ended up using. 4 bolts and large fender washers. Made the rest much easier.

Another time saver, at least with the Trail Ready beadlocks is to center the logo on the valve stem to make it easier to locate when airing up and down.

Of course I forgot on the first one, and was not going to do it over. 🤪

Stuka

New tires and wheels! :D

MR701's wrapped with Cooper S/T Maxx tires.

qw7toDK.jpg

OTjU4hY.jpg

Last edited:

Jellymon

Finally got around to trimming my pinch seams and rock rails. Taking a saw to my Jeep was hard to do, but after the initial cut there was no going back.:eek:

Top Bottom