What was done to your rig this week?

Whiskeyjack

Got impatient so started installing the EVO corners. It's late, I decided to stop before my neighbours start to hate me.

WUlLaNd.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Wow Bill that looks so good

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you! It looks good from afar. It’s over due to remove the paint and restore the body before the little bit of rust takes hold and does more damage. The tough part is one of my contractors has a 360 in his barn that is prime for a rebuild that he wants to give me. So I’m trying to resist the urge this winter when I do the paint to swap it in. If I do, it’s a whole domino effect all the way thru to the axles. But it would be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scotch737

Done a bit of dash painting. Since I now own 2 TJ's. And almost 3 complete dashes lol. I figured if I didnt like it I could always change it lol. Tell me what y'all think.

wyW83Vg.jpg

PzevRvv.jpg

JKbrick

Thank you! It looks good from afar. It’s over due to remove the paint and restore the body before the little bit of rust takes hold and does more damage. The tough part is one of my contractors has a 360 in his barn that is prime for a rebuild that he wants to give me. So I’m trying to resist the urge this winter when I do the paint to swap it in. If I do, it’s a whole domino effect all the way thru to the axles. But it would be sweet!

Is it a six now? I remember test driving a scrambler in high school in 83 and it was a six with a manual and an am radio, silver. I still regret not getting it

wjtstudios

Hooked
Is it a six now? I remember test driving a scrambler in high school in 83 and it was a six with a manual and an am radio, silver. I still regret not getting it

Yes, still the 258 straight six, with the T5 manual. The six still runs great, but it leaks oil thru the valve cover seal likes sive and it has trouble turning the 33s in the sand in mud. The end goal by next summer will be to keep it looking the same, getting it back to where I can trust it to drive across the state and maximizing its capability. The 360, and locked dana 44s will go along at to getting it back on the trails with confidence.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Finished installing my ProGrip kit yesterday. Went ahead and installed the REID hi steer knuckles and Dynatrac Ball Joints while I had the front tires off. What a difference! If you’re on 37s or higher and haven’t upgraded your ball joints, you’re missing out. It’s like a whole new Jeep! Feels completely different, more responsive and stable. So impressed.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Finished installing my ProGrip kit yesterday. Went ahead and installed the REID hi steer knuckles and Dynatrac Ball Joints while I had the front tires off. What a difference! If you’re on 37s or higher and haven’t upgraded your ball joints, you’re missing out. It’s like a whole new Jeep! Feels completely different, more responsive and stable. So impressed.

That’s a great group of upgrades there! Congrats!

JKbrick

Yes, still the 258 straight six, with the T5 manual. The six still runs great, but it leaks oil thru the valve cover seal likes sive and it has trouble turning the 33s in the sand in mud. The end goal by next summer will be to keep it looking the same, getting it back to where I can trust it to drive across the state and maximizing its capability. The 360, and locked dana 44s will go along at to getting it back on the trails with confidence.

Solid plan

JKbrick

Did you get the balljoints Heinrichs had?

Whiskeyjack

Painted the corners, installed a couple brackets for the tire carrier. Ignore my sweaty prints.

Attachments

• 37185951_10214599731581429_978035285331804160_n.jpg
    37185951_10214599731581429_978035285331804160_n.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 201

Kirkwood1

Installed the Seicane Android headunit today. Pretty impressed with how it works, especially being only $500USD. The fit is a bit wonky, and it's ever so slightly angled towards the passenger, but overall I'm happy with it.

Got my EVO corners, PSC tail lights, and a new clutch today. EVO tire carrier should be here tomorrow. Probably install everything over the weekend.

I like the way the new head unit looks! Did you install or have it done?

Top Bottom