What was done to your rig this week?

jdofmemi

Broken trailing arm

So, not really an upgrade, more of a trail fix.

My left rear lower trailing arm broke after getting a pointy rock under it.

It is now spliced together with two pieces of a steel concrete form stake.

I was shocked at how things the tube was. I guess an upgrade is in order now.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180525_184910_mini.jpg
    MVIMG_20180525_184910_mini.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 226
  • MVIMG_20180526_063903_mini.jpg
    MVIMG_20180526_063903_mini.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 234

fiend

Caught the Bug
View attachment 302593 View attachment 302594

Got my rear sterling back after having a shave kit done to it!!! Looks awesome also had ECGS put new 5.13s in and check the Detroit for any issue while it was out... they also shipped my front hp60 w/arb that will be put in shortly!!!!

Note the boss dog checking out the product..:. He approves!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How are you handling the interference between the sterling and the JK gas tank?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Very nice. Another thing jeep should have offered. Thanks Slick Rock Gear!

Attachments

• IMG_20180601_173817487_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180601_173817487_HDR.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 181

fiend

Caught the Bug
Go the 14 bolt route. That was my plan. Have a couple buddies that did sd60s. They’d have more problems with the front pumpkin hitting the trackbar bolt/bracket.

Yeah, Ford 60 front, GM 14 bolt rear. Still a bunch of issues to deal with and money to spend. But doable.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Well that explains it. Thanks Jake. (I’m still hoping for a cheap DIY path to 60s. [emoji16])

I spent most of a deployment thinking about different angles and there really isn’t. Unless you’re just trying to swap in junkyard axles and you won’t be touching the gears or adding lockers. Ford D60/sterling-$1000. Truss-$600 8 lug wheels-$500-$1800. Rework driveshafts-$? Plus added weight to vehicle with the old 3.8L. $2k for 40s. Adds up quick. I’m sure I’ll get there someday.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I spent most of a deployment thinking about different angles and there really isn’t. Unless you’re just trying to swap in junkyard axles and you won’t be touching the gears or adding lockers. Ford D60/sterling-$1000. Truss-$600 8 lug wheels-$500-$1800. Rework driveshafts-$? Plus added weight to vehicle with the old 3.8L. $2k for 40s. Adds up quick. I’m sure I’ll get there someday.

Yeah I did the same math. [emoji851] With to kids headed to college in the next 5 years, I’ll be on 37s for a while. [emoji16]

BobNH

Swapped out OE Mopar filter for Wix 51348-cold start knock gone now.
Also replaced PCV. The old one, once out, still clattered around when shaken, but replaced anyway so mow it is on my schedule for check, not an unknown duration. Also, I used needle nose vise grips, and a long skinny screwdriver. Clamped onto the top edge, put the screwdriver through and up until the flat was on the plastic engine cover, and pried up steadily. Popped right out. And don't waste time pulling wires, just take out the two 10mm bolts holding the ignition unit to the engine and rhen move it down and out of the way. Only do this on cold engine though, don't want melted wires.
I think most of that info can be found on this site as well. I think I found the screwdriver tip elsewhere though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

Talk to Bubba at Exodus... I believe he does this on the regular and can probably give you a good idea of the cost involved.
Yeah I did the same math. [emoji851] With to kids headed to college in the next 5 years, I’ll be on 37s for a while. [emoji16]
This is why I agreed to pay for community college and told them they're on their own if they wanna go farther. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ruvicon

New Radiator, Fan, Condenser & Trans Cooler

So after my recent mud mis-adventure, I pulled everything apart for a thorough cleaning, but found a heavily oxidized, muddy radiator:

IMG_4859.JPG

So I decided to upgrade to an aluminum 3 row Radiator

IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG

I also decided to change all the hoses and thermostat, but what a PITA it was to access the heater hoses at the firewall. I had to pull the upper intake and some factory jackass placed both hose clamps right next to each other making it 10x more work.

IMG_4869.JPG

My back has been bothering me lately, so tried this to access the heater hoses.

IMG_4857.JPG

Here’s the new radiator and fan installed:

IMG_4863.JPG

And the new trans cooler:
IMG_4860.JPG

Top Bottom