What was done to your rig this week?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

tgoss

This took me 4 evenings to complete but I finally got my evo corners and carrier completed late Friday night.

IMG_5754.jpg

JKU Fireman

New LED headlights

The factory headlights on my 2012 JKU had to go, they sucked. Installed a pair of PUTCO Luminix LED headlights. Now I need to go for a night ride. IMG_7353.jpg IMG_7354.jpg IMG_7355.jpg IMG_0627.jpg

98chilipepperxj

Motor rebuild at 302k miles. Had a cracked head, 4 bent valves, and the rings on piston #3 were worn to nothing. And I had a cracked exhaust manifold of course. While it was out I swapped for an e-fan and ran a cowl intake. It was also a great opportunity to deep clean the engine bay and rerun all my unorganized wiring. She purrs like a kitty now [emoji16]
IMG_3181.JPG
IMG_3301.JPG IMG_3133.JPG IMG_3157.JPG IMG_3307.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Frydaddy

Motor rebuild at 302k miles. Had a cracked head, 4 bent valves, and the rings on piston #3 were worn to nothing. And I had a cracked exhaust manifold of course. While it was out I swapped for an e-fan and ran a cowl intake. It was also a great opportunity to deep clean the engine bay and rerun all my unorganized wiring. She purrs like a kitty now [emoji16]

Ah, the 'ole "0331" head casting crack

98chilipepperxj

Ah, the 'ole "0331" head casting crack

See, i don't know why but since I bought the Jeep 2 1/2 years ago, I've never had a check engine light on.I haven't diagnosed if it works or not. Also it won't cycle a code check on the odometer.. any ideas why? Auto zone scanned my codes and nothing came up except o2 sensor.
Thanks!

Frydaddy

See, i don't know why but since I bought the Jeep 2 1/2 years ago, I've never had a check engine light on.I haven't diagnosed if it works or not. Also it won't cycle a code check on the odometer.. any ideas why? Auto zone scanned my codes and nothing came up except o2 sensor.
Thanks!

These older jeeps don't show codes on the dash, (well at least not 99-01 XJs, I had one) If you get an engine code, you need a reader. Ive been using my Scangauge 2. I figure the exhaust manifold would throw an O2 code, but the rest of your problems may go undetected by the computer. So are there any codes after the rebuild? a faulty O2 sensor is an understandable replacement at this age.

Top Bottom