What was done to your rig this week?

Jackal01

It certainly was an option that I considered, but i ended up shooting for simple. The take-up tube is easily accessed, so it wouldn't be hard to do that. If this rig becomes an Overland vehicle, I can easily add filtration and some valves to fit different needs. Of course, by then i will have upgraded the pump and installed a proper water tank. TheRoadChoseMe guy did a pretty neat water system, but I cant find a tank that will fit that location.

I can fit almost 8 gallons in the stock rear bumper.

Being able to draft from an exterior water source would be mega awesome when camping/overlanding. As long as the pump is strong enough and intake line can handle it which I don't see why not. Well done.

BaddestCross

In preparation for another week of triple-digit temps, I decided to put the doors back on and close up my new Smittybilt frameless combo top for the first time. I've had the top for a couple weeks, but have been running it as a safari top. So far I'm really impressed with the quality. The material is heavy and the stitching seems stout. At 80mph, there's minimal flapping and noise isn't much worse than the hard top which really surprised me.

20170704_115019.jpg
20170704_141920.jpg
download_20170705_101830.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

In preparation for another week of triple-digit temps, I decided to put the doors back on and close up my new Smittybilt frameless combo top for the first time. I've had the top for a couple weeks, but have been running it as a safari top. So far I'm really impressed with the quality. The material is heavy and the stitching seems stout. At 80mph, there's minimal flapping and noise isn't much worse than the hard top which really surprised me.

View attachment 266799
View attachment 266800
View attachment 266801

Dang, Smittybilt makes full tops? Learn something everyday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Dang, Smittybilt makes full tops? Learn something everyday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Lol. Yeah, they have hard tops too, but I've been told not to waste the money on it. 😂

I was dubious because of their reputation, but I picked up their tonneau cover awhile back and was happy with the quality. I had been eyeballing this top for some time but was afraid to pull the trigger. I like it a lot... When running the top as a safari, the window panels store flat inside the top. The zippers are heavy duty and supposedly "self repairing." It has bars that slide across the roll cage to support the top to stop flapping and prevent water puddling and has zippered pockets and molle loops to attach storage bags or whatever above the front passengers. A pretty slick system. I didn't want a soft top with the factory frame because of my cargo cage and this one fit the bill quite nicely.

tgoss

Deleted the rear bench, added another baja rs and will start building a rear shelf this week. Really like how this came out so far.

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Is there a remote option that we can activate from inside the cabin or beside the wheel so we don't need to bend under like this one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, there is an air actuated version. But if you can't bend down far enough to reach the bumper, you might want to get a doctor's approval before wheeling (or having sex).

TXBTK

Ratchet Strap Top Removal and Storage

This was my project this weekend. I have a small garage space that just fits two vehicles. I had no convenient storage method for the hard top. When I saw this on You Tube, I knew this would be a good alternative.
1IMG_20170708_165201.jpg 2IMG_20170708_190000.jpg 3IMG_20170708_190300.jpg 4IMG_20170708_190402.jpg

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
This was my project this weekend. I have a small garage space that just fits two vehicles. I had no convenient storage method for the hard top. When I saw this on You Tube, I knew this would be a good alternative.
View attachment 267257 View attachment 267258 View attachment 267259 View attachment 267260

Thats dope. I wouldn't call it a limited pace though. Your ceilings are like 12' high. There's plenty of room for hardtop up there.
Good work [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom