What was done to your rig this week?

View attachment 39551View attachment 39552View attachment 39550

They are expensive. At that price point I think hidprojectors.com has em beat. I just installed some silverstar ultras a few minutes ago and all I can say is meh. Nothing spectacular at first looks. Ill see if there's a substantial difference driving to work in a couple hours. I feel like the hellfire kit from rebel or possibly some hid projectors are in my future.

View attachment 39547

Lemme know how much brighter they are when driving. I have wannabe Dually's (knockoffs) mounted to windshield brackets and they alone are brighter than my high beams (friggin pathetic). So if those bulbs help significantly, I may look into them.

Lemme know how much brighter they are when driving. I have wannabe Dually's (knockoffs) mounted to windshield brackets and they alone are brighter than my high beams (friggin pathetic). So if those bulbs help significantly, I may look into them.

Will do. Ill update tonight when I get to work. I feel like the rebel kit at $199 is the best overall setup when price and results are compared. They are not DOT approved however and that can be a deal breaker for some. The hidprojectors perform great but run around $500 complete with a new wire harness ready to install. Ill probably run these for a bit and see how it goes

^ Cool thanks! I'd prefer to just put better bulbs in since i plan on buying more wannabe Dually's to replace the stock fogs and another light bar on the bumper. We'll have to see.

They are expensive. At that price point I think hidprojectors.com has em beat. I just installed some silverstar ultras a few minutes ago and all I can say is meh. Nothing spectacular at first looks. Ill see if there's a substantial difference driving to work in a couple hours. I feel like the hellfire kit from rebel or possibly some hid projectors are in my future.

View attachment 39547

How do you like that front bumper ?? I was looking into the trail stinger but I may change my mind if I can use my stock fog lights again. not much of a diff between the 2

How do you like that front bumper ?? I was looking into the trail stinger but I may change my mind if I can use my stock fog lights again. not much of a diff between the 2

Love the bumper! It is built well. Welds are all very nice, bolted right up very easily. No need to relocate the vacuum pump. It will accept the factory fogs with no issues. I bought some new brackets to mount rigors in the same holes. I prefer the look with the stinger for sure. It's nice to be able to see it from the driver seat as well. It lets u know exactly where the tip of your rig is at. Plus I like the added protection it provides driving around la. I assume u are torn between the brawler bar and stinger? Go stinger! I wasn't sure either and finally just said f it.....love my decision

Couple more pics of it for yah

View attachment 39556View attachment 39557View attachment 39555

Last edited:

View attachment 39547

The hellfire kit isn't worth it. Jelliott076 ran it and it died within a month. Rebel wouldn't do shit to help him out either.

Bt what do I know. :crazyeyes:

The hellfire kit isn't worth it. Jelliott076 ran it and it died within a month. Rebel wouldn't do shit to help him out either.

Bt what do I know. dont start...lol :crazyeyes:

Really? I thought they offered a lifetime warranty on the kits?
From their site
No forms, no "send back to us so we can test it", no run around or headache like our competitors. Instead, send an email to info@rebeloffroad.com and we'll get it taken care of ASAP.

That's pretty whack if they left him hanging

Really? I thought they offered a lifetime warranty on the kits?
From their site
No forms, no "send back to us so we can test it", no run around or headache like our competitors. Instead, send an email to info@rebeloffroad.com and we'll get it taken care of ASAP.

That's pretty whack if they left him hanging

He gave up after fighting with them for over a month.

Bt what do I know. :crazyeyes:

Same thing happened to another guy on here, buddyhydro if I recall. Total waste of money.

Well this all certainly disappointing:grayno:

Honestly, I've seen them side by side with Truck-Lite LED's and, while they were a bit brighter, they weren't enough to really make a difference and ultimately, it's what buddyhydro ended up getting in place of hellfires.

Well this all certainly disappointing:grayno:

Not trying to be that stick in the spokes. Especially since I know nothing of the other 2 wayalife'rs situations. But ive been running the hellfire kit since the week I bought my first jk. When I went from a 2 door to unlimited. I uninstalled it and put it in the new one. Its been nothing but amazing for me. Extreamly bright. Non blinding to oncoming. Never failed. And $199. And a true HID high and low beam. I also have dealt with rebel in replacing the wiring harness. I cut one of the main power wires to the ballest on accident from not retucking it after messing around under the hood. Called and had a new one in the mail that day. Free. Took 5 minutes. Again. This is just my experiance with them and rebel.

Pics are the Hellfires and stock fogs on. And the cut off with them on parked close to my garage.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1373612040050.jpg
    1373612040050.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 286
  • 1373612161986.jpg
    1373612161986.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 288

so after driving about 30 miles in the dark i'm not impressed. they are a touch brighter than stock, but imo barely. Not really significant. I say save the money for a better option. They'll do for me until i upgrade for the second time...lol

so after driving about 30 miles in the dark i'm not impressed. they are a touch brighter than stock, but imo barely. Not really significant. I say save the money for a better option. They'll do for me until i upgrade for the second time...lol

I ended up running these same bulbs about a week after I bought my jeep because the stock yellow glow was killing me, it was an improvemtn like you said.....but two years later when I finally got tired of putting off the upgrade to the Trucklite LEDs and pulled the trigger, all I can say is that I had the same reaction as everyone else- HOLY S*%# !! It is still the best $500 dollars I have spent on the jeep, and the prices keep dropping on the Trucklites too :thumb: The Trucklite GEN II lights were so impressive that one of the guys on last years JKX, who was running the JL Speaker HID's, said he was ditching the HID's for the new Trucklites after seeing the performance of everyone elses. Keep saving that coin rtguy1 :thumb:

started my sports cage install...

View attachment 39570

View attachment 39571

will finish up in the morning....

andrew-

I am following in your build thread, looks nice :rock:

Top Bottom