What was done to your rig this week?

jeeeep

Hooked
2010 had the gas cap light and engine light on but no error codes found by the scanner.

Didn't take long to find the plastic nipple on the gas tank had cracked, Flex Seal to the rescue.

Wrapped a piece of Flex Seal around the cracked section and put a small bulldog clip over it to keep pressure on the Flex Seal and keep the connecter straight. Also clipped the OEM zip ties as I noticed they were so tight they allowed no play in the line and were pulling the connector in the opposite direction of the crack, willing to bet this is the cause for many of these connectors failing.

I let it sit for 24 hours to give the Flex Seal time to cure and now 200 miles later, the clip fell off, but the gas cap and engine light are off and it passed the emissions/safety inspection for another year. (y)

It looks like the Flex Seal also moved when the clip popped off, when it leaks again, I'll reseal with Flex seal and attach the bulldog clip so it won't fall off.

BClip.jpg

FlexSeal.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
2010 had the gas cap light and engine light on but no error codes found by the scanner.

Didn't take long to find the plastic nipple on the gas tank had cracked, Flex Seal to the rescue.

Wrapped a piece of Flex Seal around the cracked section and put a small bulldog clip over it to keep pressure on the Flex Seal and keep the connecter straight. Also clipped the OEM zip ties as I noticed they were so tight they allowed no play in the line and were pulling the connector in the opposite direction of the crack, willing to bet this is the cause for many of these connectors failing.

I let it sit for 24 hours to give the Flex Seal time to cure and now 200 miles later, the clip fell off, but the gas cap and engine light are off and it passed the emissions/safety inspection for another year. (y)

It looks like the Flex Seal also moved when the clip popped off, when it leaks again, I'll reseal with Flex seal and attach the bulldog clip so it won't fall off.

View attachment 389454

View attachment 389453
Epoxy. Thats what I had to do. You also need to sleeve the nipple so it has something to bite. Set the sleeve in epoxy and epoxy the nipple on then when that cures dump a bunch more epoxy on top.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Installed the Novak Cable Shifter Upgrade for the T-case

Didn’t have a problem with the shifter action as the factory plastic bushings were still good. But for less than $50 including shipping, I figured why not? With the kit installed, shift action is easier and more precise.
I need to do this as well for the same reason... Better to be safe than sorry.

duktrx

I installed the Powerstop big brake kit. The hardest part was swapping the OEM brake lines for the extended-length stainless hoses. I have to say, the Jeep engineer that designed the orientation of the fitting at the transition from hard-line to flex lines needs to be hung from their ankles and dunked in brake fluid. It would make more sense to have the female end attached to the hard-line, so crap would not sit in the fitting, making it impossible to turn. I ended up breaking the hardline to the rear passenger brake. Fun fact that particular part is on a 30-day national backorder; the local auto parts store, not a national chain, gave me the name of a guy who makes brake lines for hot rods.

WJCO

Meme King
I installed the Powerstop big brake kit. The hardest part was swapping the OEM brake lines for the extended-length stainless hoses. I have to say, the Jeep engineer that designed the orientation of the fitting at the transition from hard-line to flex lines needs to be hung from their ankles and dunked in brake fluid. It would make more sense to have the female end attached to the hard-line, so crap would not sit in the fitting, making it impossible to turn. I ended up breaking the hardline to the rear passenger brake. Fun fact that particular part is on a 30-day national backorder; the local auto parts store, not a national chain, gave me the name of a guy who makes brake lines for hot rods.
Are you happy with the performance of the calipers so far? I need a brake upgrade on another vehicle (non Jeep) and Powerstop is one of the brands I was looking at.

duktrx

Are you happy with the performance of the calipers so far? I need a brake upgrade on another vehicle (non Jeep) and Powerstop is one of the brands I was looking at.
They are remanufactured OEM calipers with a high-temp powder coat and extended brackets like the Dynatrac BBK. So far, I am happy with the performance; I can get the ABS to kick in when I mash on the brakes; I haven't been able to do that since I started running 35s.

Top Bottom