What was done to your rig this week?

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I loved it, except for the "rolling coal" convention about 30 minutes from your house. There must have been 50 diesel pickups all blowing as much black smoke as possible. It was so bad my eyes were burning haha. I am gonna have to do something about the way the rails collapse into the back. Where the hinge and spring end up wore the body paint finish down to bare metal[emoji19]
Looks great Chris! How was the ride home with it down?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Changed the transmission fluid and filter, and the transfer case fluid.

What a miserable prick of a job. I'm sure glad to not have to do that for another couple of years.

JKbrick

I loved it, except for the "rolling coal" convention about 30 minutes from your house. There must have been 50 diesel pickups all blowing as much black smoke as possible. It was so bad my eyes were burning haha. I am gonna have to do something about the way the rails collapse into the back. Where the hinge and spring end up wore the body paint finish down to bare metal[emoji19]

Dangit I thought I looked to see if it was touching anywhere

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know exactly what color your talking about. Unfortunately this isn't it, the sunlight makes it look lighter, it's the standard black. I went back and forth about ordering the grey and in the end went with Craigslist bargains instead. That color is beautiful in pictures, I've never actually seen one in person or I would have ordered it if I liked it.

Lol I was talking about the Jeep, Rhino.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Nothing exciting, but had to get the shoes balanced. I guess I didn't really appreciate how lucky I got when I first mounted up the new 37's and Machetes 5k miles ago. Smooth as silk until I rotated them and found a little shimmy in the 32-42mph range. View attachment 350729

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Your rig is sharp! What rack are you running? I like the idea of having a awning on the Jeep. I spend a lot of time watching baseball and hanging out between games.

PokerStogey

Your rig is sharp! What rack are you running? I like the idea of having a awning on the Jeep. I spend a lot of time watching baseball and hanging out between games.

Hey thanks brother, I appreciate that. The rack is the Gobi. I went that direction because I didn't want to drill into the top, it's low profile and with 4 bolts, I can tilt it back, remove the hardtop and then re-secure the Gobi. As far as the awning goes, I love it as well and went with the 270* batwing. That way my cooking station and ice chest is shaded off the back of the rig and our chairs have plenty of shade off to the side.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yea they look like they are all looks and no performance, thanks for confirming my suspicions lol. Fortunately/unfortunately I'm in florida and I doubt I'll find anything that will beat them up too bad down here [emoji1696]. Once I move north or west I am planning on upgrading to real deal armor for her. For now shes a daily and i want her to look pretty [emoji23]

2020 JLU Sport S
17" XD137 FMJ
35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Have you been to Hardrock off-road Park? It’s in Ocala. I used to live in Florida and would make the occasional trip there

RichieRoma

Have you been to Hardrock off-road Park? It’s in Ocala. I used to live in Florida and would make the occasional trip there
Not yet, its on my list of places to check out. I'm in SoFlo but I'm picking up a new puppy next month just outside of ocala and i have an extra day or two off so I might plan a trip there first then puck up the pup.

2020 JLU Sport S
17" XD137 FMJ
35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Plumbed in twin ARB under passenger seat looks great but no luck hooking it up to the factory switches. Ordered tester will try to troubleshoot

Did your Jeep for sure come with them from the factory or did someone add them after the fact with the Mopar kit? What's the issue you're having?

Andy5160

Hooked
Did your Jeep for sure come with them from the factory or did someone add them after the fact with the Mopar kit? What's the issue you're having?

I added Mopar kit myself. Switches did not work. Took it to the dealer they found one of the needle pins not making connection so all good now. Hooked up main ARB harness to the battery ran it to the compressor. Second small two wires harness with black and purple wires was hooked up at the compressor end. The other end has 4 wires to the switch. Black, purple, green, yellow. Purple has to be hooked up to the switch feed in my case wire #4 according to innovative JK designs instructions ( I have their compressor mount). So switch light turns on but compressor does not start. I checked compressor main fuses all good now i think to unplug main harness at the compressor to see if power comes in and for that I ordered tester which just came in.
Anything else I should do let me know please

WJCO

Meme King
I added Mopar kit myself. Switches did not work. Took it to the dealer they found one of the needle pins not making connection so all good now. Hooked up main ARB harness to the battery ran it to the compressor. Second small two wires harness with black and purple wires was hooked up at the compressor end. The other end has 4 wires to the switch. Black, purple, green, yellow. Purple has to be hooked up to the switch feed in my case wire #4 according to innovative JK designs instructions ( I have their compressor mount). So switch light turns on but compressor does not start. I checked compressor main fuses all good now i think to unplug main harness at the compressor to see if power comes in and for that I ordered tester which just came in.
Anything else I should do let me know please

Touch that little black wire to ground also to see if that does it. Also, does switch #4 require ignition to be on? Or is switch #4 constant 12v all the time even with ignition off?

Andy5160

Hooked
Touch that little black wire to ground also to see if that does it. Also, does switch #4 require ignition to be on? Or is switch #4 constant 12v all the time even with ignition off?

Noted

I will double check but if memory serves me well it is Ignition set up. I tested with the engine on
Thanks Doug

Top Bottom