What tires are these?

otisnruby

My wife spotted this wheel and tire combo and wanted to know if I could find out what they are. Anyone know what the tires are? Well I guess i may need the info for the wheels also....knowing I will be asked.

FYI...we are in the market for 35s and will most likely be getting the black AEV Pintlers. Saying most likely because she has charged her mind yet again.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359785853.684620.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359785853.684620.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 230
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359785912.845947.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359785912.845947.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 235

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My wife spotted this wheel and tire combo and wanted to know if I could find out what they are. Anyone know what the tires are? Well I guess i may need the info for the wheels also....knowing I will be asked.

FYI...we are in the market for 35s and will most likely be getting the black AEV Pintlers. Saying most likely because she has charged her mind yet again.

Those are Nitto Mud Grapplers.

Moby is currently running them.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Anytime. I run the Trail Grapplers. The Muds are only a few dollars more per tire but I hear they do really great in both mud and rocks.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You had to know this question was next, how do you like the trail grapplers (daily driver)?

I really like them. This is my second set. I sold my last set which were mounted on 18's because I went to 17" wheels.

They are pretty quiet on the road, kick ass offroad and after over a year and about 10k miles on my last set I still had about a good 40-50k on them easy. I highly recommend them, I was so impressed with them that I made it a point to make sure I bought them again this time.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359787936.306364.jpg

otisnruby

Thanks for the information. Down to the Nitto Trails and the Toyo Open County and going from stock 18" to 17".

Side note:
My wife gave you a "damn, those tires are nice" comment.

Last edited:

ssh6314

Love the toyo's. The AT's and the MT's are both amazing. Sidewalls are rock solid. Last a long time. And they look sexy ;)

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

TLAW719

I may be wrong, but I think I saw somewhere that toyo makes the nittos. Both very nice tires and you can't go wrong with either.

Conman

I have run both in a 35 and to tell you the truth other than some minor appearance differences they are pretty much the same tire.

jkjurny

I've had my Trail Grapplers for 4 days now. Noise level is similar to the BFGs that came with my Rubicon. The only difference I feel is that going from 0-5 MPH, you feel the bumps on the tire. It's not annoying. I actually like it :).

JAGS

Hooked
I may be wrong, but I think I saw somewhere that toyo makes the nittos. Both very nice tires and you can't go wrong with either.

Yep. Was going to mention this. From what Ive read you can't go wrong with Toyo/nitto.

JAGS

Hooked
I've had my Trail Grapplers for 4 days now. Noise level is similar to the BFGs that came with my Rubicon. The only difference I feel is that going from 0-5 MPH, you feel the bumps on the tire. It's not annoying. I actually like it :).

Ribbed for his pleasure. This fact would make a lot more guys buy Nitto TGs. 😉

ctlazer5

What side step bar is that? Does anyone know?

Top Bottom