What started your passion for the off-road Jeep lifestyle?

bkac

Caught the Bug
I mowed lawns all summer when I was 12, saved up enough money to buy my first 1978 CJ-7 from a junkyard for $600. Wheeled the crap out of it for 4 years around the farm until it caught fire. I've had one ever since.

BradsTj

When I was in high school, my girlfriends dad had a old Cj5 which I thought looked badass. He also has a JKUR. After riding in the JK and going with the top down and doorless I just became hooked, I found the JK experience Colorado on YouTube and watched every second of it. Then I started watching more videos and after that I told myself I need to get one. So a few years later and finally can afford it, I bought my 2006 Jeep Tj and I'm slowly building it up. (E3 pay not that great)
I love my Jeep and its wayalife. I love the community. I will not give up my Jeep for anything!

Recurve

I guess it didn't really hit me, till I was out in the middle of nowhere on top of a mountain overlooking a great view. It was just me an my jeep that got me there. Since then , I realized I love jeeps an off-roading.

Armydog

How I caught the Jeep-Virus

I bought a CJ-5 for my first vehicle. I wish i had pictures of her, asked my mom to look for some and if she finds any I will post them here - fingers crossed. Anyway, bought my first Jeep when I was 16. Didn't know shit about wheeling (still don't) but I had a BLAST figuring it out. I drove that poor little Jeep into the ground. I bought a CJ-7 after that and was still driving it when i enlisted into the Army in 1982. Uncle Sam gave me a whole motor-pool of Jeeps to drive in upstate New York. FT Drum is a wonderful mud hole!! Fast forward a whole bunch of years and a few Fords (F-150, F-350) and a Dodge Ram, after my second deployment overseas i decided that i really missed having a small, capable off road vehicle. Hence the Pumpkin! I am sure this story is boring to most of you, but it is my story! Thanks for listening!

Hightower

My passion for off roading started at the farm driving my uncles trucks around feeding pigs and cattle. It then progressed with my job working in the oilfield to were I needed a capable truck to get back and forth to work.

But my passion for Jeeps didn't start until I saw a picture of Brian Stevens filling his EVO built Jeep at a gas station in Moab. He was heading out on a run with Eddie and Cindy and the crew. I'll be completely honest I loved the look of the jeep and wanted to build a rig that looked like his. At the time my off road passion was more focused on the desert building a truck that could go fast in places like the Baja. I didn't realize that picture of Brains Jeep would take me in a different directions.

After building my Jeep I have had the honour of meeting and running trails with Brian and his wife, attending 2 x Jk Experiences, as well as getting to be involved 2 of Eddie and Cindy's Moab trips. Meeting an enormous amount of people many of which I call friends to this day. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442946317.689041.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442946354.474055.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442946443.238073.jpg

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
My passion started a year after my wife and I got married in 2000. We went on vacation to Las Vegas and then to Arizona. While in Arizona we went to Sedona and discovered the Pink Jeep Tour. Needless to say after running broken arrow I was hooked. I've been a jeep owner ever since. Our next trip back to Arizona we ran broken arrow ourselves. I don't need no stinkin tours!

Robs_Red_JK

I was introduced to jeeps at a young age as well. I learned to drive in a 71' CJ on my grandpa's ranch. then a few years ago my best friend bought a 2000 TJ that was lifted and locked. After taking a few rides in that and seeing the places that it took us without having any trouble what so ever I decided that i needed to have one. Even with all the trouble that his would give us it still could not talk me out of wanting one. For every con there were still to many pro's. I finally was able to buy my own 07 JKR about 6 months ago and I have not had any regrets at all about it. It is by far the funnest vehicle I have ever owned and being here in Reno there are tons of trails to go explore and I never worry about being stranded or having to hike out.
jeep.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I actually owe credit to my ex gf and my mom for getting me into it. When I get a jeep I actually knew nothing about them. my "plan" was to be a mall crawler and just got for the look. later that summer my ex found Rausch Creek and told me to buy the beginner 101 class they offer. well after that first trip its been one hell of a ride! shortly after that trip I joined Wayalife and have met some of my closest friends because of it. I don't think I will ever get rid of knuckles and if anything he will have a few brothers and sisters in the future.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363407101.046116.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363407147.093788.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441718953.452599.jpg

Trail JK

My passion for off roading started at the farm driving my uncles trucks around feeding pigs and cattle. It then progressed with my job working in the oilfield to were I needed a capable truck to get back and forth to work.

But my passion for Jeeps didn't start until I saw a picture of Brian Stevens filling his EVO built Jeep at a gas station in Moab. He was heading out on a run with Eddie and Cindy and the crew. I'll be completely honest I loved the look of the jeep and wanted to build a rig that looked like his. At the time my off road passion was more focused on the desert building a truck that could go fast in places like the Baja. I didn't realize that picture of Brains Jeep would take me in a different directions.

After building my Jeep I have had the honour of meeting and running trails with Brian and his wife, attending 2 x Jk Experiences, as well as getting to be involved 2 of Eddie and Cindy's Moab trips. Meeting an enormous amount of people many of which I call friends to this day. View attachment 165996 View attachment 165997 View attachment 165998

I've always loved Brian's jeep too and can remember when it just came out of Mel's shop. That Jeep was the reason I purchased the copperhead color the 2nd time around.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I actually owe credit to my ex gf and my mom for getting me into it. When I get a jeep I actually knew nothing about them. my "plan" was to be a mall crawler and just got for the look. later that summer my ex found Rausch Creek and told me to buy the beginner 101 class they offer. well after that first trip its been one hell of a ride! shortly after that trip I joined Wayalife and have met some of my closest friends because of it. I don't think I will ever get rid of knuckles and if anything he will have a few brothers and sisters in the future.
View attachment 166007 View attachment 166006 View attachment 166008

Pictures of said X or it didn't happen.

Davidb

For me, it was my wife. She had been wanting a jeep since we were dating back in the late 90's. So back on 2013 I finally bought a jeep for her as a birthday present . We did some mudding in FL and I found myself loving it more and more. We spent hours online watching YouTube videos on upgrades and stumbled onto WAL videos. Our favorite videos at the time were the "keep it tight" JK experience videos from Colorado, and last summer, we packed our things and left Florida. We now live in Colorado and ride trails just about every other weekend. It's mostly Eddies fault; and I will forever be grateful.

Zmuda01

I was hooked after I test drove my JK. I went to the dealer on a whim just to see what these funny looking 4 door Jeeps were all about and that was all she wrote.
I pulled up in an Infinity coupe and left in a Rubicon, best decision ever! Since then I’ve had a few adventures, made some new friends, and had a blast looking for
places that would have never been on the radar until now.

I think the passion comes from the people you meet along the way.

Top Bottom