What power steering fluid with PSC Big Bore

RSQCON

I just received my psc big bore steering gear today and have a question about what fluid to run.
I just started the install on my PSC kit part number PSCSK280. The tag I took off the Big Bore box says 'Swepco 715 or GM/AC Delco PN 89021182 Do not use ATF or synthetic PS fluids'

I would also like to know if their is a write up on the PSC Big Bore XD wiith assist.
I haven't found anything. There are tons of partial installs here and there but haven't found a good write up from start to finish.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Take the supply line off the res, and add a tube down to a gallon jug if some kind. Add the flush into the res and keep turning the steering wheel back and forth then add more fluid. Repeat and repeat until the flush starts going into the jug. You’ll see a difference in color. Then do the same process with the actual swepco fluid and you are good to go.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Do you remember how much fluid the Big Bore (no Ram) took? I flushed the full jug of 729 through the system and thought I got it all out.... But I only got 1 & 1/3 qts of 715 back in..... Everything seems to be working ok.... just not sure if there is still 729 in there.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Do you remember how much fluid the Big Bore (no Ram) took? I flushed the full jug of 729 through the system and thought I got it all out.... But I only got 1 & 1/3 qts of 715 back in..... Everything seems to be working ok.... just not sure if there is still 729 in there.

Mine took almost 3 with the ram and cooler. You should be close with 1.3 with just the big bore.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrailHunter

Hooked
Mine took almost 3 with the ram and cooler. You should be close with 1.3 with just the big bore.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Cool..... I’ll drive it for a bit then maybe swap the fluid one more time... and I’ll measure the amount that I remove... can’t wait to see how it handles on road with the new box.

Top Bottom