What load range tires for jku

G-mansjk

This might be a stupid question but I was wondering what load range tires most of you guys are running on your jku's. My 315/75r16 cepek extreme terrains are load range E, which I think is a little high for the lighter weight of a jeep. In my experience the e rated tires are for heavy trucks... Hell the heavy as shit armored hmmwv " hummers" I worked on in the army are running load e tires... the heavier the load range= thicker side walls, harsher ride and less tire wrap on obstacles. I like the tires so far. They grip well but think I would enjoy the ride of a load c or d tire more.... any thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Depends on the tire. The Cooper SST Pro in 37x13.5 are load range E, but have a molded "hinge" for letting the tread fold while aired down. I have no problem in the rocks at 10psi. Some other load range E (truck tires) are like rocks and made to run at 80psi for diesel trucks, etc. Those don't do as well aired down.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you play on the rocks, you will WANT load range E tires. Sure, they offer a firmer ride but that's because they have significantly thicker sidewalls - something you want. On pavement, just run them at a lower PSI, something below 30 and you will find they offer a better ride.

HoosierWolf

Thanks for the info guys. I'm getting ready to order some Cooper STT Pros and this wasn't my question but one I should have asked.

G-mansjk

Didn't even think about the rock aspect of the sidewall with a e range tire... I want to go to the Rubicon, Fordyce and Moab in the very near future with my rig but have a lot more work to do, and a hell of a lot more money to spend haha!!! Guess I'll try running a lower psi and be thankful for the thicker sidewalls when I finally do get into real boulders

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom