What is ECO?

bharkin

I was resetting my trip odometer after gettin' some fuel and hadn't restarted the engine. I went through to go back to the main odometer and saw the letters ECO. What is it? When I start the engine, ECO disappears... :thinking:

It will say ECO ON if you are conserving fuel and driving "green". If you are driving like you normally do it probably will only say ECO. :thumb:

It will say ECO ON if you are conserving fuel and driving "green". If you are driving like you normally do it probably will only say ECO. :thumb:

I have never seen that. I try to drive smart and "green", guess my idea of it and Jeep's is different....

Lmao....mine only turns on when I'm rolling downhill foot off the gas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

I turned that off in my personal settings because I was always trying to keep it on and my mileage went up after not trying to abide by it lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using WAYALIFE mobile app

ECO ON (or off) turns on/off the eco light. The ECO light itself is basically a crude TPS indicator (throttle position sensor) telling you that you are light on the throttle (aka using minimal fuel) and are driving green. The longer you spend driving with your ECO light on, the better your MPG.

Top Bottom