What ELSE do you do for fun?

LiveOn

We go to the track when we are not on the trail ;)

Attachments

• image-844058134.jpg
    image-844058134.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 107

JAGS

Hooked
You can usually find me coaching my sons sports teams (soccer and baseball)or running my daughter to and from piano and Girl Scouts.

I've got more invested in my road bicycle than my jeep. The sad thing is they are both covered in dust at the moment.

Seems like I spend the rest of my time working, trying to find new clients or seeking new business ventures.

I'm also married so try to spend some time with the wife too as we'll as quality family time together (which does include jeepin).

Pretty typical stuff for a father of 8 yr old twins and a husband. I think/hope. Never enough time and money for everything on 4 wish lists.

Rivertoys

Trackdays....& don't forget work ( 55+ hrs a week ) plus many other things :)

That's so badass....if only my balls had been larger I would of loved to have done that when I was younger! I used to work with a guy (Gregg Snell) who is into that. I think it's among the best motor racing there is to watch!

Hellfire

One of these days I would like to make it up to Oregon dunes....hopefully going back to Pismo Beach next month with friends. :beer:

jk4x4wrangler

734356_100114323502341_2123895343_n.jpg 407755_4961173226368_396496720_n.jpg 165579_1839734992363_3147597_n.jpg 554161_4285472254266_19680828_n.jpg 602453_10151886731620597_1536691570_n.jpg Wife
:beer:
Cross Fit
Snowboarding
Golf
Cooking and grilling some gourmet ass S#!t
Mountain Biking
Lacrosse

Last edited:

rubicrawl

Hobbies? I love hobbies I ride mountain bikes, dirt bikes I have a track bike just for track not street legal, I race rc cars and also have a rc rock crawler and now my jeep which I just got 2 months ago snowboard every two seasons or so and love to go hiking and explore and that's it I think

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
used to snowboard but the east coast is kinda lame anymore and never seem to want to spend the money on tickets anymore. Summertime I do ride my mountain bike a decent ammount which is fun. Started to get into saltwater tanks/fish so the jeep fund is kind of on the backburner right now till thats done.

Rivertoys

THAT is awesome!!! Have you ever done that ground effect thing like in the new GoPro commercial? ... I always wondered who did that first and thought it was a good idea. I love it, but even I consider it straight up nuts! That ground rush has to be addicting though....

I always say (to my wife) when I'm done with Jeeps, I'll get a Harley..... though (she doesn't know it yet) it may end up being an in addition to kinda thing.
wink.gif

So much cool stuff in this thread!

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
GF/soon to be fiancee and my Jeep take up my free time. I video game but not very often. I want to get into mountain biking at local dirtbike trails though! Another expensive-ish hobby I don't need to get into at the moment lol

Atch

During the summer I spend a good amount of time at concerts/music festivals. I've gone to lollapalooza for the past 6 yrs but unfortunately that streak is coming to an end this year.

81SocalCJ

Pit crew for a good friend of mine who races in the Lucas Regional Offroad Series in the Open V8 class.

Hellfire

That's so badass....if only my balls had been larger I would of loved to have done that when I was younger! I used to work with a guy (Gregg Snell) who is into that. I think it's among the best motor racing there is to watch!

I agree...I can't wait for Motogp to start again this year! Plus I like to go to Laguna Seca each year and watch them live.

I do the mountain bike thing too....Downhill mountain biking at Northstar in Lake Tahoe plus I ride the local trail...I have to many hobbies:D

Last edited:

Rivertoys

I'm not sure I know what you're referring too? Are you referring too flying in proximity to the ground and mountains in a wingsuit?

Yes Sir! I believe they are actually in the ground effect (cushion of air between the wings on the ground)....

Actually though, now that I think about it, that's not what they are doing in the new GoPro commercial, they are actually on a parasail I believe... my bad.

Yes Sir! I believe they are actually in the ground effect (cushion of air between the wings on the ground)....

Actually though, now that I think about it, that's not what they are doing in the new GoPro commercial, they are actually on a parasail I believe... my bad.

They aren't really on a cushion of air.
When you jump your suit inflates and pressurizes and you become just like an airfoil or wing. Typically they fly in a maxed forward speed configuration so they have all their "lift" available to them when needed. Now being that close you will feel turbulence and thermals off objects but there is no "bubble or burble" of air there. I have about 650 skydives but none off cliffs... Yet :yep: I have many friends that do it I just didn't get permission from the boss lady until this winter so it will happen soon :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Oh man, just starting to get better?! I've got a ways to go then. :grayno:

Our biggest hurdle was, believe it or not, naps. Now we are hoping that we can spend the day out on the lake now, or at least not feel as pressured to get back home at a certain time. The nice thing is I can be on the water in under an hour from our house. :thumb:

I wish naps was how I spend my free time. Haha. Sleep what is that? I definitely understand the naps thing MTG. My youngest still takes one a day. My older fights the thought of a nap!

Top Bottom