What ELSE do you do for fun?

Rivertoys

I'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and assume this is a pretty hobby-diverse crowd. You all love Jeeps, but what else do you do for fun?

As my usename suggests, I consider boating & the river to be my primary hobby (including Jeeping at the river). Before I got the Jeep I thought nothing would rival boating for pure money sucking (BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand).... but the Jeep is getting close! LOL....

me_con_lma.jpeg

The photo was taken in Parker Az, but we normally boat the Colorado river south of Needles, and into Topock Gorge. Sometimes into Havasu from there. We also do at least a week on Lake Mohave each season.

Now lets what ELSE you do???

Jas.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I used to brew beer but selling all my stuff now as I don't have time for it. Used to mountain bike but sold my bike about a year about. Now I basically just play with the jeep in any spare time I have.

Rivertoys

I used to brew beer but selling all my stuff now as I don't have time for it. Used to mountain bike but sold my bike about a year about. Now I basically just play with the jeep in any spare time I have.

I get that! I collected Honda ATC's for a while, and had 6 at one time. Still have and ride an '85 250R. I am probably going to sell-off that stuff though, as I'm spread too thin with hobbies & family also. The Jeep kinda replaced the bikes.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and assume this is a pretty hobby-diverse crowd. You all love Jeeps, but what else do you do for fun?

As my usename suggests, I consider boating & the river to be my primary hobby (including Jeeping at the river). Before I got the Jeep I thought nothing would rival boating for pure money sucking (BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand).... but the Jeep is getting close! LOL....

me_con_lma.jpeg

The photo was taken in Parker Az, but we normally boat the Colorado river south of Needles, and into Topock Gorge. Sometimes into Havasu from there. We also do at least a week on Lake Mohave each season.

Now lets what ELSE you do???

Jas.

a wise man once said "A Boat is a whole in the water in which you throw money into" this is the most true statement ever. i will trow up pics of my Jet Ski and my Parents Boat later. thats my summer Hobbie.

edit- nice boat! 20'?

Rivertoys

a wise man once said "A Boat is a whole in the water in which you throw money into" this is the most true statement ever. i will trow up pics of my Jet Ski and my Parents Boat later. thats my summer Hobbie.

edit- nice boat! 20'?

LOL... It's also said, "The two happiest days of a mans life are the day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it."

LaveyCraft calls it a 21', but it's 23'6" overall. I wanted a deep V for the lakes, but small enough for the river and that boat meets all of our needs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOL... It's also said, "The two happiest days of a mans life are the day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it."

LaveyCraft calls it a 21', but it's 23'6" overall. I wanted a deep V for the lakes, but small enough for the river and that boat meets all of our needs.

haha yea very true!

oh nice! We have a 26' Larson 325 hp, single screw dual stainless prop, wake tower as well on top. My Jet Ski is a 2011 See Doo 130SE. love it but maintance is painful as you know.

is the deep V really that helpful for you in the lake with little chop? we had a 20' in the bay and it had very little V and it did great. now i cant feel it in the 26'

Rivertoys

haha yea very true!

oh nice! We have a 26' Larson 325 hp, single screw dual stainless prop, wake tower as well on top. My Jet Ski is a 2011 See Doo 130SE. love it but maintance is painful as you know.

is the deep V really that helpful for you in the lake with little chop? we had a 20' in the bay and it had very little V and it did great. now i cant feel it in the 26'

Very nice! The bottom on mine is a 23 degree V with a delta pad, and two steps. The steps help ventilate the bottom for a little more speed. It's basically a scaled down version of their off-shore racing bottom. I'm at just under 400hp. The big lakes here here can get white capped, and I'm good up to about a 3' swell, the boat is just long enough to get two-three of them under the boat at a time, so I can ride on top, at 45-60mph. It'll fly now and then, but it's a decent ride. Not often is it so big we have to come off and really slow down. I would like a 25-26' Cat though. Because they pack air, they ride really nice on moderate chop.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Very nice! The bottom on mine is a 23 degree V with a delta pad, and two steps. The steps help ventilate the bottom for a little more speed. It's basically a scaled down version of their off-shore racing bottom. I'm at just under 400hp. The big lakes here here can get white capped, and I'm good up to about a 3' swell, the boat is just long enough to get two-three of them under the boat at a time, so I can ride on top, at 45-60mph. It'll fly now and then, but it's a decent ride. Not often is it so big we have to come off and really slow down. I would like a 25-26' Cat though. Because they pack air, they ride really nice on moderate chop.

Yea they do ride really nice. rode in one last summer 10 miles off shore and i couldnt of asked for a better ride. i think it was a 28' i was in.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I used to have Saltwater tanks but relized it was more money going into the tank then my jeep so I stopped. Although I still go fishing and hunting in my spare time. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
What is free time? :cheesy:

What else do I do...

1.) Work...a lot.
2.) Wife and two young kids take up most of what's left.
3.) We now live 14 minutes from the ski slopes and have season passes. Yet, I only managed 5 trips this year. I've realized I am very picky about when I go boarding now (read: fresh powder and decent weather). On those days, I can get 5-8 runs in and make it to the office by 11ish. :thumb:
4.) Two years ago we picked up a 1989 Ski Nautique that was in immaculate condition. This was a few years ahead of our planned boat purchase date, but we got it for an irresistible price. We used it that summer a little, but not at all last summer. Assuming there is water in the lakes/reservoirs we plan to use it as many Saturday's this summer as possible. I recently de-winterized it, and I am installing a new stereo, a new starter, refinishing the teak and a few other odds and ends to get it ready. I'll see if I have a pic on my phone.
5.) Looking to get back into cycling/mountain biking this summer as well.

Rivertoys

I go to the Oregon Dunes at least 4 times a year to ride quads

A friend of mine invited me up to "DuneFest" around the first weekend in August. I don't know if that's at Oregon Dunes or not though. It's in Oregon! Looks like a lot of fun. .....I'm not going to make though.

Rivertoys

What is free time? :cheesy:

What else do I do...

1.) Work...a lot.
2.) Wife and two young kids take up most of what's left.
3.) We now live 14 minutes from the ski slopes and have season passes. Yet, I only managed 5 trips this year. I've realized I am very picky about when I go boarding now (read: fresh powder and decent weather). On those days, I can get 5-8 runs in and make it to the office by 11ish. :thumb:
4.) Two years ago we picked up a 1989 Ski Nautique that was in immaculate condition. This was a few years ahead of our planned boat purchase date, but we got it for an irresistible price. We used it that summer a little, but not at all last summer. Assuming there is water in the lakes/reservoirs we plan to use it as many Saturday's this summer as possible. I recently de-winterized it, and I am installing a new stereo, a new starter, refinishing the teak and a few other odds and ends to get it ready. I'll see if I have a pic on my phone.
5.) Looking to get back into cycling/mountain biking this summer as well.

For the record, I never mentioned spare time! LOL... I have two kids as well, and that has put a huge dent our boating trips. They are 11 and 13 now though, it's starting to get a little better.

Rascal3

It's about ten miles south of Florence on this picture, Winchester Bay. Florence is really nice because you can ride on the beach.:thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
For the record, I never mentioned spare time! LOL... I have two kids as well, and that has put a huge dent our boating trips. They are 11 and 13 now though, it's starting to get a little better.

Oh man, just starting to get better?! I've got a ways to go then. :grayno:

Our biggest hurdle was, believe it or not, naps. Now we are hoping that we can spend the day out on the lake now, or at least not feel as pressured to get back home at a certain time. The nice thing is I can be on the water in under an hour from our house. :thumb:

Rivertoys

Oh man, just starting to get better?! I've got a ways to go then. :grayno:

Our biggest hurdle was, believe it or not, naps. Now we are hoping that we can spend the day out on the lake now, or at least not feel as pressured to get back home at a certain time. The nice thing is I can be on the water in under an hour from our house. :thumb:

LOL... for us the sweet spot was the year or two before they got into school, once they are in school and start picking up hobbies of their own, that's when your time goes out the window and your weekends are shot.... texting them around.
icon_crazy.gif

Of course we're boating 255 miles from home...so that changes things too.

Rascal3

A friend of mine invited me up to "DuneFest" around the first weekend in August. I don't know if that's at Oregon Dunes or not though. It's in Oregon! Looks like a lot of fun. .....I'm not going to make though.

Yeah it will probably be at Winchester or Coos Bay, they have done it at Florence as well. All of the sand dunes are within 30 miles of each other with the exception of Sandlake which is near Tillamook up North. Dune feast is a lot of fun with a lot of people.

Hellfire

Trackdays....& don't forget work ( 55+ hrs a week ) plus many other things :)

Attachments

• 1365017243015.jpg
    1365017243015.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom